What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 11:03am
reohn2 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:35pm Al,we've got it right umpteen times in many,many replies to you over the years,I'm now glad you've finally seen the light and changed your mind!
Welcome to the leftwing :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a floating voter and have voted all ways over the years, and I havent changed my mind at about anything its just that you have wrongly assumed all sorts of things and constantly tried to put false words in my mouth and you are not the only one. As for left wing, you are welcome to the Rayner/Momentum form of politics. I hope we never see it running the UK.

Sorry for thread drift, uplifting comments welcome.

Al
Al
I only ever put the opposing view as I see to your posts if I disagree with your POV based on what you post.
I'm not a "loudmouth bully" nor ever have been,nor do I post slurs about your charachter which is more than I can say about you and you're personal slurs about me and others you disagree with.
I'm just someone with a different political outlook to you,if you don't like that then tough,that's your problem not mine.
As for the Labour party,Angela Rayner and momentum,I'm not a Labour party member,though the Labour party is as near as I can get to my political outlook.

Looking back on how this thread has drifted,it began with you bringing up BR in the '70's,alluding to a nationalised Railway as being a step back to the railways as was then in reply to the video Pete75 posted.
I countered your post with what I thought was a reasonable reply to yours.
Then the "bully,bigmouth" charachter slurs came back from you,which I ignored but now as it's been reposted,I feel a need to defend myself as you insist on similar accusations which you were moderated for and your post removed on another thread,my post in reply to you on that thread was removed because I quoted yours and laughed at the ridiculousness of it.
Vorpal asked,as she does occasionally for us to "argue nicely",I replied that I would,and I have.
You OTOH resorted to the same charachter slurs yet again.
If you can't argue "nicely" without such slurs then I feel sorry for you and once again say it's your problem not mine!.
Last edited by reohn2 on 20 Aug 2022, 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Not exactly funny but having ridden out to a country pub and seen a weasel scuttling across the road then a roe deer a few yards later we remarked on the benefits of cycling noiselessly in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside. On the return journey, 400m from home on a busy road in central Northampton, another roe deer then ambled slowly across our path :roll:
sjs

Post by sjs »

reohn2 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:56pm
Mick F wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:44pm
reohn2 wrote:And very sad that we've actually voted for it! :roll:
No, we voted for Tory governments.
THAT was the big mistake.
And in doing so voted for privatisation of the railways,utilities and education not once but many times,as a result we are where we are,to use a nautical term,in the doldrums!
I think a better nautical term would refer to the navigation of sh*t creek.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

sjs wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 6:07pm
reohn2 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:56pm
Mick F wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:44pm No, we voted for Tory governments.
THAT was the big mistake.
And in doing so voted for privatisation of the railways,utilities and education not once but many times,as a result we are where we are,to use a nautical term,in the doldrums!
I think a better nautical term would refer to the navigation of sh*t creek.
Yep,and without a paddle too :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:05pm
You and Mike are totally off beam and havent a clue because you seem to think I am a Tory (about the only person here who is prepared to stand up to your serial loudmouthed bullying rants) which I am not.

Get it right for once.

Al

I've never thought you were a Tory Al. Ukip maybe or Reform UK but, maybe, a Tory soon as the party is definately moving in your direction.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
jb

Post by jb »

Driving back fro Millom today, hit a hell of a rain storm, could hardly see through the window, I turned to my partner who thinks cyclists are generally mad for going out in bad weather, and said "I certainly wouldn't like to be cycling in this" then at that very moment a cyclist appears comming down the slip road - I got an eye roll.
Who ever you were & if it's anyone on this forum I hope you got back safe :)
Cheers
J Bro
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Stradageek wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 4:50pm Not exactly funny but having ridden out to a country pub and seen a weasel scuttling across the road then a roe deer a few yards later we remarked on the benefits of cycling noiselessly in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside. On the return journey, 400m from home on a busy road in central Northampton, another roe deer then ambled slowly across our path :roll:
:lol:
I am here. Where are you?
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

tim-b wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 12:37pm Quite surprised to find the delivery driver still in my hallway this morning. He delivered a roll of bubble wrap yesterday and I asked him to pop it in the corner
:lol: :lol:
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Cowsham wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 10:01pm
:lol:
Chris Jeggo wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 11:58am
:lol: :lol:
A laugharythmic progression, that's the spirit !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nu-Fogey
pete75

Post by pete75 »

tim-b wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 12:37pm Quite surprised to find the delivery driver still in my hallway this morning. He delivered a roll of bubble wrap yesterday and I asked him to pop it in the corner
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Stradageek wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 4:50pm Not exactly funny but having ridden out to a country pub and seen a weasel scuttling across the road then a roe deer a few yards later we remarked on the benefits of cycling noiselessly in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside. On the return journey, 400m from home on a busy road in central Northampton, another roe deer then ambled slowly across our path :roll:
Thank you for a bit of light relief :)
colin54

Post by colin54 »

P1160203 (5).JPG
Marginal guano.
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 9:26am P1160203 (5).JPG
Marginal guano.