What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by rjb »

francovendee wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 8:42am
tim-b wrote: 14 Dec 2022, 7:09pm I went to my cosmetic surgery group meeting this evening
I noticed a few new faces
Did it cause a few raised eyebrows?
A very uplifting experience.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I knew an older chap once who have very saggy facial skin and so went for a face lift,I saw him some months later and he looked 20 years younger.
I remarked on the rather large spot in the middle of his forehead,he said "Oh that's my belly button,how do you like my tie"
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Otis regrets.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 9:07am I knew an older chap once who have very saggy facial skin and so went for a face lift,I saw him some months later and he looked 20 years younger.
I remarked on the rather large spot in the middle of his forehead,he said "Oh that's my belly button,how do you like my tie"
As the plastic surgeon said to Joan Collins - "If you have any more facelifts Miss Collins, you'll be wearing a goatee beard."
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pete75 wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 11:24pm
reohn2 wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 9:07am I knew an older chap once who have very saggy facial skin and so went for a face lift,I saw him some months later and he looked 20 years younger.
As the plastic surgeon said to Joan Collins - "If you have any more facelifts Miss Collins, you'll be wearing a goatee beard."
Same joke gender adjusted due to an open neck shirt :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
peetee

Post by peetee »

I was stood in the queue for the loos in M & S in Winchester the other day. I wasn’t prepared for a wait but there were only two cubicles and they were unisex. I was happily chatting away with some ladies after I noticed they were, like me, from the NE of England.
A few minutes after, this chap emerged from one doorway and commented thus;
“That was like visiting Santa when I was a child. You’re waiting for hours but you’re only sat down for a few seconds!”
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

peetee wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 10:07am I was stood in the queue for the loos in M & S in Winchester the other day. I wasn’t prepared for a wait but there were only two cubicles and they were unisex. I was happily chatting away with some ladies after I noticed they were, like me, from the NE of England.
A few minutes after, this chap emerged from one doorway and commented thus;
“That was like visiting Santa when I was a child. You’re waiting for hours but you’re only sat down for a few seconds!”
Aye burras any Geordie'll tell yuh, man, gaan t' the netty 's canny alreet when yeh burstin' or yuh gorra fud-babby wait'n'.

Cugel, from Cymru now, though, look you.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

It's a bit like Chinese cookery - chop & marinate stuff for hours, cook it in 15 minutes and it's eaten in 10.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Just when you thought this grifter couldn't humiliate himself any more than he already has, there's this. THIS is what the big announcement was.
trump superhero.png
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Well, I'd be prepared to put my underpants on on top of my trousers for the $4.5 million he netted on the first issue.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Audax67 wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 10:16am Well, I'd be prepared to put my underpants on on top of my trousers for the $4.5 million he netted on the first issue.
Screenshot_20221217-154228_Google.jpg
I am here. Where are you?
Debs

Post by Debs »

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

On that note
20221220_121304.jpg
This arrived in the post -- the wife ordered it but she wasn't pleased with the quality for the price she paid. Also it was broken so I fixed it with some epoxy and asked how much she paid but she wouldn't tell me.

She didn't like my next comment

" when you won't tell me it must have been --- too dear"
I am here. Where are you?
peetee

Post by peetee »

Or
“Oh dear. Two, too dear deer, dear?”
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Debs

Post by Debs »

The old Lang sign