What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by thirdcrank »

I've heard some critical descriptions of beer but "Slash IPA" sounds as bad as it gets.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 11:31am I've heard some critical descriptions of beer but "Slash IPA" sounds as bad as it gets.
Now I need a p.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Two for the price of one:-
At this point I don't know which is worse weighing myself or taking a Lateral Flow test :shock:

Having now lived through an actual plague I full understand why Italian renaissance paintings are so full of fat naked people laying around on couches :?
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

This is the first year we're not going to Barbados because of Covid,normaly we don't go coz we can't afford it :(
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

peetee wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 10:16am I had a giggle the other day in Tesco when I saw a label stating a product was a ‘vegetarian burger‘.
Why call it a burger? Is there any more prominent symbol of all that is wrong with the meat industry than a burger?
Surely that moniker should put off more customers than it attracts!
Veggie burgers have been around since long before Veggie/veganism went viral. They have a sound history. And anyway, what is there in the word 'burger' that suggests meat? And it's never put us off! IIRC, a veggie burger is mentioned (albeit disparagingly) in Evelyn Waugh's novel The Loved One (1948).

Same with sausages (pace the French meat industry which tried to get the terminology banned). We often make our own Glamorgan Sausages (made from leeks, cheese* and breadcrumbs) which have been vegetarian for yonks - I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to the days of Owain Glyndŵr or even earlier...

*The recipe says Caerphilly but that's far too expensive, so we use Wensleydale. Sorry about the non-Welsh content!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
colin54

Post by colin54 »

reohn2 wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 12:25pm This is the first year we're not going to Barbados because of Covid,normaly we don't go coz we can't afford it :(
:lol: :lol: Shoots, he scores, nice one r2
Nu-Fogey
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

reohn2 wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 12:25pm This is the first year we're not going to Barbados because of Covid,normaly we don't go coz we can't afford it :(
:D
Richard M
Cardiff
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

richardfm wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 2:41pm
:D
That one gave me a chuckle, too.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just before Christmas, I was given a part barrel of Dartmoor Jail Ale and we put it on the top of the cupboard in the porch to let it re-settle. A few days later, it had cleared ok-ish and tasted ok-ish. Left it a day of two more. Not much difference.

Poured a part glass yesterday afternoon, and it smelled vinegar-y so this morning I took it outside on the drive and opened the tap to let it run away. :cry:

When the rain stopped for an hour, I managed to take the dog a walk ............ and called in at the Rising Sun Inn. :D
Guess what?

They are completely out of Dartmoor Jail Ale! :lol:
Ironic or what?
Mick F. Cornwall
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Mick F wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 4:06pm

They are completely out of Dartmoor Jail Ale! :lol:
That's a shame you poured it away Mick, you could have done some porridge with it.
Nu-Fogey
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Debs

Post by Debs »

661-Pete wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 1:15pm
*The recipe says Caerphilly but that's far too expensive, so we use Wensleydale...
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Lunch time today the wife shouts out to the garage where I'm futterin with an old motorbike.

"There's beef wraps done here come on in now while they're still warm"

And to add a little more incentive " We've done them in the George -- ahh what do you call it -- aye -- Formby grill."

I shouted back "Aye they'll turn out nice again "

Don't know if it was wasted on her or not.
I am here. Where are you?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Today taking MrsR2 to a hospital appointment,on two seperate occasions we saw young women with shoulder length hair,one with half her hair bright green with the other half black,the other young lady with half plantinum blonde and the other half black.
I remarked on how the younger generation keeps us amused,MrsR2 said "at least it'll grow out" :lol: :lol: :lol:
W H Auden
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

thirdcrank wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 11:31am I've heard some critical descriptions of beer but "Slash IPA" sounds as bad as it gets.
It's actually quite nice and quite strong!
American style IPA brewed in France....maybe summat was lost in translation :lol: