What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by thirdcrank »

JohnW wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 10:26pm For some time,there's been very little on this thread to make me laugh - or even smile.
Quite the opposite.
Perhaps a suitably titled thread would be better for all this.
Laugh or not, there's not been much posted recently fitting the "today" criterion.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Cugel wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 8:24am
JohnW wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 10:26pm For some time,there's been very little on this thread to make me laugh - or even smile.
Quite the opposite.
Perhaps a suitably titled thread would be better for all this.
In today's DisUK, one needs to cultivate an appetite for the dark humour; laughing in the face of tragedies and degradations of various hues; chuckling incredulously at the slow demise of our civilisation at the hands of clowns .... as otherwise we'd cry, nay, weep, wail and go mad!

Humour has often been about human hubris laid thinly over our inept and inadequate antics, along with the subsequent pratfalls. We are now living in conditions of utter farce, so .......

Cugel, thinking life is but a (cruel) joke.
My dear chap- you and I don't have a meeting of minds.
I'm genuinely sorry if you felt that I was being personal to you,most certainly I wasn't intending that. Please accept my apologies.
Back in the days of Thatcher (and it's closeness to Murdoch) and it's dreadful antics,there was no-one more negative,cutting, insolent, hateful indeed in my comments on these pages than I was.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

First we had No Vac Djokovic .............. and now we have the Tory MP accused of groping.
Name?
Pincher! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Mick F wrote: 2 Jul 2022, 7:12am First we had No Vac Djokovic .............. and now we have the Tory MP accused of groping.
Name?
BoJo is about 2 years ahead of you on that:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p-27386800
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

mattheus wrote: 4 Jul 2022, 11:17am
Mick F wrote: 2 Jul 2022, 7:12am First we had No Vac Djokovic .............. and now we have the Tory MP accused of groping.
Name?
BoJo is about 2 years ahead of you on that:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p-27386800
From that link:
Top Tory Therese Coffey today told Sky News: “I’m not aware that he was made aware of specific claims about any particular incident.
This isn't a Crown Court cross-examination, but quite the opposite. It's a description of how the prime minister selects people for Cabinet posts (from a Cabinet post-holder.)
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

We have a quick way of screening a patient’s cognition in hospital. Ten simple questions, including the classic: “Can you name the current prime minister?” Recently, I put this to a forthright 95-year-old who screwed up her face in fierce concentration as she ransacked her brain for the answer. A pause. And then, with magnificent fury: “That <i>[rude word removed]</i> with the disgraceful hair.” I gave her the point – and a bonus one for creativity.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

( on a canal boat holiday atm ) Saw some graffiti under a L&L canal bridge today -- it says " Wake up and smell the Corroption"

I thought -- Should be " Wake up and sPell the corruption"
I am here. Where are you?
aflook

Post by aflook »

Well not actually today but walking through Bordeaux there was a McDonald’s poster advertising a “McWrap”.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Elliot Chappell just said Jeremy [word that rhymes with Hunt] live on tv there now!
colin54

Post by colin54 »

I found all the episodes of The Phil Silvers Show - Sgt Bilko, on youtube recently, it's still as funny today as when I watched it as kid.
An episode a day keeps the blues at bay.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9GD2pfb6Vs
Nu-Fogey
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Right - well - the laugh you'll get here is laughing at me - at my expense.
But I don't care.
I have on DVD every "Last of The Summer Wine" episodes up to (but not including) the start of those that included Russ Abbott.
Nothing against him, but I didn't think his character worked.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 12:02pm I found all the episodes of The Phil Silvers Show - Sgt Bilko, on youtube recently, it's still as funny today as when I watched it as kid.
An episode a day keeps the blues at bay.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9GD2pfb6Vs
Sgt Bilko was funny but while clearing up my mother in laws ( changing the tv ) I found two rare videos of "The Baldy Man" ( Gregor Fisher -- before Rab C ) put it on just to see if the video still worked.

I almost wet myself laughing at it -- watched every episode.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Saw a T shirt today with

" Get those feckin Crunchies into the car"

On the front of it -- (a Father Ted Reference.) Don't ask me why it's funny -- it just is.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Whilst driving through Wales with my pal, we stopped off at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch for lunch.
I asked the waitress, "Could you settle an argument for us. Can you pronounce where we are, very slowly?"
The waitress replied, "Burr gerr King"
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

pete75 wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 12:21pm Whilst driving through Wales with my pal, we stopped off at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch for lunch.
I asked the waitress, "Could you settle an argument for us. Can you pronounce where we are, very slowly?"
The waitress replied, "Burr gerr King"
:lol: