What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Manc33

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Manc33 »

Saw this and thought of you guys...

Two lunatics out on a bike ride, one of them gets off his bike and lets the tyres down. His mate said "What did you do that for?" so the other said "The saddle is too high". The other one got off his bike, gets his spanners out, takes the handlebars off, takes the saddle off and puts the handlebars at the back, with the saddle at the front. His mate said "What did you do that for?" so the other said "If you're going to mess about, I'm going home".

Eddie Flanagan on "The Comedians" S01E04 (1971-07-03)
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Manc33 wrote: 4 Mar 2023, 5:41am Saw this and thought of you guys...

Two lunatics out on a bike ride, one of them gets off his bike and lets the tyres down. His mate said "What did you do that for?" so the other said "The saddle is too high". The other one got off his bike, gets his spanners out, takes the handlebars off, takes the saddle off and puts the handlebars at the back, with the saddle at the front. His mate said "What did you do that for?" so the other said "If you're going to mess about, I'm going home".

Eddie Flanagan on "The Comedians" S01E04 (1971-07-03)
Thats fantastic. And in many years of reading cycling material, I don't remember hearing this one. Good work!
(any other good jokes from 1971?)
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Leaving work this evening dodging swarms of police in riot gear and convoys of armoured landrovers not because the troubles had broke out again but because

--- there was a football match on --

and we can't afford the insurance to put on a motorcycle racing event that brings fans together as friends with a common interest.

Funny old world.

( public liability insurance -- not for the bike racers themselves in case people get the wrong end of the stick and jump down that rabbit hole )
I am here. Where are you?
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Cowsham wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 12:16am Leaving work this evening dodging swarms of police in riot gear and convoys of armoured landrovers not because the troubles had broke out again but because

--- there was a football match on --

and we can't afford the insurance to put on a motorcycle racing event that brings fans together as friends with a common interest.

Funny old world.

( public liability insurance -- not for the bike racers themselves in case people get the wrong end of the stick and jump down that rabbit hole )
Well I'm glad you're laughing at it! :)

If you want a tip: liability Ins would be much cheaper for a human-powered bike race. Just ask your friendly CUK rep if you need assistance.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

The PM proclaiming the "compassion" in his policy on asylum seekers.
And the neo-fascists berating Lineker for seeing the similarities between 1930s Germany and current UK.
Gotta laugh (or cry).
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Watching Keir Starmer flubber and splutter while trying to think of something clever to say in response to Sunak's insults. It sure made me chuckle.

Of course, while chuckling to myself I tried to forget that having an incompetent government and an equally hapless alternative is no laughing matter.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
Debs

Post by Debs »

mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Debs wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 6:28pm Image
Debs, you reliably keep this thread worthwhile! 👍🏼
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Debs wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 6:28pm Image
Class
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

+1 Excellent.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Passing my 18th edition amendment 2 and bowl screening test in the same week -- the joys of having enough birthdays for a bus pass. :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just heard on R4 Six O'clock News.

"The BBC's bored"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Debs

Post by Debs »

tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Horse riders apparently don't have to use lights while riding in the dark. A mate commented that lighting would not only make them safer but would also give them saddle-light navigation. Made me smile, sorry...
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~