What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Audax67

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Audax67 »

Christopher Hitchens: "When I discovered at a young age that my God-given male member wasn't going to give me any peace I decided in return not to give it any rest".
Have we got time for another cuppa?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

John Wayne's attempt to modernise the Western.

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

It's a modified SL350,apparently he liked the SL for riding about when filming.That particular bike sold at aution for quite a tidy sum last year.

EDIT:- details here https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... -estimate/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Here's one I saw a few years ago -- lovely bike with an ordinary sized person on.

Edit -- correction this is a CL 350 not an SL but think it's the same engine

I am here. Where are you?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cowsham wrote: 17 May 2023, 11:39pm Here's one I saw a few years ago -- lovely bike with an ordinary sized person on.

If you think John Wayne makes that little Honda look small, what about German ISDT rider Herbert Scheck kickstarting his full-sized 800cc BMW off -roader.
daltoncinghie.jpg
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cowsham wrote: 17 May 2023, 11:39pm Here's one I saw a few years ago -- lovely bike with an ordinary sized person on.

Edit -- correction this is a CL 350 not an SL but think it's the same engine

Yes I originally did post CL but looking for it's auction it said it was an SL which I must admit I did think strange but thought it could've been a US marketed model I wasn't aware of.

EDIT:- after a bit of digging there does appear to be an SL350 which was cosmetically different to the CL350,exhaust,tank,side panels and a couple of other small cosmetic differences.
EDIT No2:- More about the SL 350 here:- https://timeless2wheels.com/685514/honda-sl350/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

pete75 wrote: 18 May 2023, 12:09am

If you think John Wayne makes that little Honda look small, what about German ISDT rider Herbert Scheck kickstarting his full-sized 800cc BMW off -roader.

daltoncinghie.jpg
That generation of Germans were all big or so it seems to me. When we first went to the IOM TT in the 80's I felt rather inadequate standing beside one at the urinals of the campsite toilet block.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cowsham wrote: 18 May 2023, 9:03am

daltoncinghie.jpg
That generation of Germans were all big or so it seems to me. When we first went to the IOM TT in the 80's I felt rather inadequate standing beside one at the urinals of the campsite toilet block.
Was it because he was taller than you or something else? :wink:
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Me and some mates stopped at Union Mills campsite on The Island in the mid seventies, we'd travelled on an assortment of second hand British heaps.
I was amazed at German touring couples on brand new (!) BMW R90S' & Honda 750's wearing matching (!) multicoloured one piece leathers.
Our sartorially challenged group included a donkey jacket and an army surplus combat jacket amongst it's items of clothing.
Mike Hailwood Tank Bag Sticker.JPG
Mike Hailwood Tank Bag Sticker.JPG (33.8 KiB) Viewed 614 times
I think I was possibly on a scruffy old BSA A10 that year which cost me about 60 or 70 quid, fun times .
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 18 May 2023, 12:14pm
Me and some mates stopped at Union Mills campsite on The Island in the mid seventies, we'd travelled on an assortment of second hand British heaps.
I was amazed at German touring couples on brand new (!) BMW R90S' & Honda 750's wearing matching (!) multicoloured one piece leathers.
Our sartorially challenged group included a donkey jacket and an army surplus combat jacket amongst it's items of clothing.
Mike Hailwood Tank Bag Sticker.JPG
I think I was possibly on a scruffy old BSA A10 that year which cost me about 60 or 70 quid, fun times .
If by Union Mills you mean Glenlough campsite ( up the hill from union mills -- we walked down there to the wee shop ) then that's where we camped in the 80's -- the sound of Joey's RC30 blasting by our tent on the other side of the hedge just feet away at 5.30am practice session is something I'll never forget. But weren't the Germans big back then? I put it down to the children of hitlers master race experiment. :wink:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

pete75 wrote: 18 May 2023, 9:15am

daltoncinghie.jpg
Was it because he was taller than you or something else? :wink:
Couldn't risk being that inquisitive -- that would be a lose - lose situation in any case. :shock:
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

A van with 'Landscape Contractors' on the side.
Just what we need to get from A to B faster.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

My prescription cycling glasses were stolen yesterday; I will find the thief, I have contacts :)
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
pete75

Post by pete75 »

347259096_144733238586145_493964471909766216_n.jpg
Debs

Post by Debs »