What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
sjs

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by sjs »

Jdsk wrote: 4 Jun 2022, 12:52pm [
Yes. I would be delighted if she could be left alone with all the emotions and heartaches that she, in common with everyone else, lives with. That could best be achieved by moving her governmental duties and responsibilities and the accompanying chuntering to a better place.

Jonathan
What are these duties and responsibilities? Wouldn't a crude robot swinging a rubber stamp do the job?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cowsham wrote: 3 Jun 2022, 6:25pm
:lol: that must have been weird hearing the hooves behind you like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

feet scampering after me again. I got going again He must have been about a mile away from home when he decided he'd had enough. Some stamina!
[/quote]

Sounds like quite a dog! The calves only seemed to stop, as they'd reached a fence at right angles (Nb. Loads of beef cattle in the area, which always show some interest, but not to that extent - and an exceptionally thick hedge, definitely added to the effect, blocking all initial sight of the calves pounding up the hill)
in4time

Post by in4time »

Looking for travel scales on the high street. Assistant in the store says yes, we have some here.
Ah, says I, they only weigh up to 20kg, I need 40kg.
Assistant says, why don’t you buy two then!
Tears rolling down my cheeks! 😂
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

in4time wrote: 4 Jun 2022, 8:32pm Looking for travel scales on the high street. Assistant in the store says yes, we have some here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rjb

Post by rjb »

531colin wrote: 4 Jun 2022, 9:07pm As Peetee says, set them up like any other straddle bridge...

ImageIMG_5377 by 531colin, on Flickr

I think your Oryx are a low-profile canti. like my picture.
So for best performance you want the straddle as low as practical, and the arms as far apart as practical.
Full set up information here, even the maths. viewtopic.php?t=57410
Well that's a new one on me. Never seen baler twine used to operate a brake. Times must be hard or your a Yorkshireman. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Well yesterday...Paddington - great bit of fun :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
pete75

Post by pete75 »

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Sir Chris Hoy leading the public part of the Jubilee pageant on his bike. Choppers old Raleighs. Moggys, Cliff, the Flowerpot Men, Katherine Jenkins, Rockers on motorbikes, folk doing the Lambeth Walk, Land Rovers, Chris Ewbank, Mods on Scooters, the Outspan Orange, Proper Minis, E Types, Titchmarsh, Basil Brush, Valerie Singleton, Flower People, Hippies, a Routemaster, Daleks, Db4, RT, Lotus, Miniskirts, Hula hoops, Angela Rippon, John Craven, Johny Ball, Abba etc, etc

Lots of Joy , an antidote to all the doom and gloom! :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jun 2022, 3:21pm Sir Chris Hoy leading the public part of the Jubilee pageant on his bike. Choppers old Raleighs. Moggys, Cliff, the Flowerpot Men, Katherine Jenkins, Rockers on motorbikes, folk doing the Lambeth Walk, Land Rovers, Chris Ewbank, Mods on Scooters, the Outspan Orange, Proper Minis, E Types, Titchmarsh, Basil Brush, Valerie Singleton, Flower People, Hippies, a Routemaster, Daleks, Db4, RT, Lotus, Miniskirts, Hula hoops, Angela Rippon, John Craven, Johny Ball, Abba etc, etc

Lots of Joy , an antidote to all the doom and gloom! :lol:

Al
Har har - all that infantile gesturing of celebs and various consumer fad-fans, in yet another spectacle to distract us from the rumble of the works into which spanners have been thrust, is hardly an antidote to the gathering gloom; and very unlikely to see orf the doom! Still, Dr Pangloss would be impressed with your fine optimism. :-)

Cugel, counting up ever-more regressive occurrences as we slide down a slope made ever so slippery by the antics of a certain greased piglet and his gang of oily spivs.
Last edited by Cugel on 5 Jun 2022, 10:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

All that gloom. Are you hoping to soon be ruled by The Dud? If so, convert into $ with haste.

Al
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I rather hope that the piglet squirms free and hangs on until the election. Many Tory politicians are worrying about this, and trying to calculate whether to give him a hat trick of sackings for lying, or let the electorate do that.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jun 2022, 6:09pm All that gloom. Are you hoping to soon be ruled by The Dud? If so, convert into $ with haste.

Al
Gloomy, me!? Wot an idea.

On the other hand I am hiding in West Wales, in the hope that the doom-cloud already engulfing an ever little'r 'ungerland will take a while before it rolls over Offa's Dyke. When your shops all shut and the soup kitchens run out of nettles, don't expect any free soup from me! I'll be needing every nettle for making the beat-orf-the-english-refugees swatches. The various mobs will probably get you first, though.

As to them $$$s - one feels that mere money will be of little use before long. I'm collecting not only the nettles but also the hand tools and bicycles, for when the lecky goes off. Mind, I'll keep me solar panels to charge the Fazua batteries.

Cugel, also with a well and even a log burner. And some bows & arrers.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Mike Sales wrote: 5 Jun 2022, 6:14pm I rather hope that the piglet squirms free and hangs on until the election. Many Tory politicians are worrying about this, and trying to calculate whether to give him a hat trick of sackings for lying, or let the electorate do that.
Is there any likelihood of obtaining politicians, via the next election, who will be able to handle the ongoing regression, resumption of international internecine warfare, implosion of the global economy, monster climate events and so forth? We should hope so, I suppose. It seems a forlorn hope.

I've already sent letters of apology to my grandchildren. I doubt they'll forgive us. On the other hand, they're only human too and may devise their own mad world.

Cugel, painting a hoarding with "The End Is Nigh!" in stark black letters of a gothic font.
John Maynard Keynes
pete75

Post by pete75 »

in4time wrote: 4 Jun 2022, 8:32pm Looking for travel scales on the high street. Assistant in the store says yes, we have some here.
Not as daft as it sounds.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker