What has the bike stuff fairy brought you today?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Squibnocket

Re: What has the bike stuff fairy brought you today?

Post by Squibnocket »

New/ old bike currently going through a restoration. Bargain at £140 and since sold the incorrect 8 speed groupset for £100!
Attachments
IMG_20201013_111850.jpg
fausto99

Post by fausto99 »

A Wahoo Kickr bike! ! Looks like a long hard winter and we didn't spend anything on holidays, so....
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Gloves with extra thick gel pads (6mm) they seem to be doing the trick.........no hand pain :)
They are now £2 dearer :(
Attachments
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-Autumn-Non-slip-Touch-Screen-Full-Finger-Gloves-For-Motorcycle-Bike/254591648479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554326409529&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-Autumn-Non-slip-Touch-Screen-Full-Finger-Gloves-For-Motorcycle-Bike/254591648479?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=554326409529&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Ergotec City Lady swept back 'bars. Unused from Ebay. Not sure why "Lady", maybe because slightly narrower than current fashion. Fitted, test on ctc Easy Ride tomorrow.
Only saved a fiver on full retail, but every little helps!
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Brucey wrote:
cycle tramp wrote:…. I've never received second hand parts which are so new and so unbelievably shiny ….

I don't remember those parts being that shiny when they were brand new BITD. Has there been some black magic at work....?

cheers

Not from me... sadly if I use the parts they'll never be as clean or shiny again. A couple of nights ago I caught the tail end of a program in which an architect built his own house and mounted a Ducati motorcycle on the wall as a piece of art. I did get to wonder if I should really mount these pieces in a picture frame and hang it on my wall as art in it's own right.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

FWIW I think I have the same huret 'eco' parts in good useable condition somewhere. So if you have the urge to use parts like that, you shouldn't have to ruin those if you don't want to.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

Brucey wrote:FWIW I think I have the same huret 'eco' parts in good useable condition somewhere. So if you have the urge to use parts like that, you shouldn't have to ruin those if you don't want to.

cheers

I wonder how many Eco rear mechs Huret made. They were fitted to just about every mass produced 5 or 10 speed bike of European origin at one time (unless they were fitted with the plastic Simplex horror!).
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Roubaix Long Sleeve Jersey. Arrived yesterday. £39 plus postage.

pwa

Post by pwa »

De Sisti wrote:Roubaix Long Sleeve Jersey. Arrived yesterday. £39 plus postage.

Like the colour.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Thanks go to (edited) Utility Cyclist (unedited Urban Cyclist) for my new handlebars. As soon as I saw them I thought they suited the character of 'the blat' more than the ones I was currently using. I used them for the first time today
20201124_092142.jpg

Described as moustache, I think the 30 back sweep is perhaps better described as roadster - certainly they wouldn't have looked out of place on my Grandfather's Raliegh Wayfarer... I'm guessing that in the 'everything old is new again' world of the cycling products they are 'on trend'. They certainly lend my bike a sense of class and style (I'll put a stop to that next Spring, when I'll paint the 'bars three conflicting colours and cover them in stake board stickers)
My thanks go to the (edited) Utility Cyclist ((unedited Urban Cyclist) for selling me the 'bars and also for the saddle and the cranks too (bought a good couple of years ago).
That's the great thing about this forum..... if you stick around long enough on this forum you eventually end up with enough parts to build a bicycle :-)
Last edited by cycle tramp on 25 Nov 2020, 7:34am, edited 1 time in total.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

cycle tramp wrote:Thanks go to Urban Cyclist for my new handlebars. As soon as I saw them I thought they suited the character of 'the blat' more than the ones I was currently using. I used them for the first time today
Described as moustache, I think the 30 back sweep is perhaps better described as roadster - certainly they wouldn't have looked out of place on my Grandfather's Raliegh Wayfarer... I'm guessing that in the 'everything old is new again' world of the cycling products they are 'on trend'. They certainly lend my bike a sense of class and style (I'll put a stop to that next Spring, when I'll paint the 'bars three conflicting colours and cover them in stake board stickers)
My thanks go to the Urban Cyclist for selling me the 'bars and also for the saddle and the cranks too (bought a good couple of years ago).
That's the great thing about this forum..... if you stick around long enough on this forum you eventually end up with enough parts to build a bicycle :-)

You're welcome and urban cyclist is probably as fitting as Utility Cyclist :D
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Pair of Schwalbe G one S or what ever they call them this year. 35mm tubeless. Have used the 30mm for as long as they have existed and love them, 35mm is a sweet spot for my mixed surface commute so this weekend will see them fitted. 30 quid a pop from Merlin.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Handle bar bungs that might actually stay in place ..... :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1

fullsizeoutput_390.jpeg
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

The utility cyclist wrote:You're welcome and urban cyclist is probably as fitting as Utility Cyclist :D

Apologies, I was very tired when I wrote that post. I am very grateful for the 'bars - exactly what I was looking for :-)
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

2 x Panaracer Pasela PT tyres: