Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Morisako
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 11:29am

Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Morisako » 10 Oct 2020, 1:18pm

Hi all.

Im looking for service shop who can make full service at Fox Float ctd DRCV rear shock. I found few places, but they are at south UK and I need to wait 2 weeks for return shock after service (also price is almost half of new shock)

Thank you for any advice.

richardfm
Posts: 367
Joined: 15 Apr 2018, 3:17pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby richardfm » 10 Oct 2020, 2:47pm

https://www.bcsuspension.co.uk/

This one is in Scotland but in Aviemore, quite a long way from Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Bikes`n`guns
Posts: 41
Joined: 7 Jan 2018, 10:54pm

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Bikes`n`guns » 10 Oct 2020, 4:06pm

Bike and spanner in Edinburgh

https://www.bikeandspanner.co.uk/

Lewis Buchanans mate/spanner man.

Ugly
Posts: 445
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 8:34am

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Ugly » 10 Oct 2020, 4:12pm

I would buy a service kit, download the service guide and follow that. The guide has comprehensive instructions, a bit fiddley but not too difficult, just go slowly, take pictures as you strip it, and it should be fine. If the worst comes to the worst you won't be the first to take a partially striped part to the service centre. I have never done a rear shock but have done a number of forks without undue problems.

Morisako
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 11:29am

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Morisako » 10 Oct 2020, 6:37pm

Ugly wrote:I would buy a service kit, download the service guide and follow that. The guide has comprehensive instructions, a bit fiddley but not too difficult, just go slowly, take pictures as you strip it, and it should be fine. If the worst comes to the worst you won't be the first to take a partially striped part to the service centre. I have never done a rear shock but have done a number of forks without undue problems.


I was thinking about that. But - from what I read at few forums, ofc I can open and clean air can, but cant make FULL service. So I prefer full service at start so I will be sure everything is fine. And after that I can start "playing" with DIY :D

Morisako
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 11:29am

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Morisako » 10 Oct 2020, 6:39pm

Bikes`n`guns wrote:Bike and spanner in Edinburgh

https://www.bikeandspanner.co.uk/

Lewis Buchanans mate/spanner man.


I send question to them today morning :) So - yep, need only wait for response from them.

Thx for help.

Morisako
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 11:29am

Re: Fox shock authorized service shop in Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh area)

Postby Morisako » 10 Oct 2020, 6:41pm

richardfm wrote:https://www.bcsuspension.co.uk/

This one is in Scotland but in Aviemore, quite a long way from Glasgow or Edinburgh.



If price on website will also include my shock, and they also dealing with items send by post. I will contact them at Monday.

Thx for help.