Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Stradageek

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Stradageek »

Yup, yet another BoJo delaying tactic. Police investigations are commonly glacial, e.g. this internal investigation from 2013 is sill running https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-60118874

This is not "At last the police are after him" as the headlines suggest. It has just been given a Gavin Henson boot into the long grass :x
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Jdsk wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 8:34am "Boris Johnson has ordered a formal inquiry into allegations by the Conservative MP Nusrat Ghani that she was sacked as a minister after being told her “Muslimness” was “making colleagues uncomfortable”."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ing-claims

To be carried out by... the Cabinet Office.

But still not as bad, stupid and inappropriate as Conservative Campaign Headquarters which, is where the Prime Minister suggested.

Jonathan

PS: Who's on duty today for Latin tags?
Does anybody have any information - as opposed to opinions - about what's happened here?

My starting point would be Boris Johnson's stated views about letterboxes, but that doesn't seem to have stopped Nusrat Ghani becoming a junior minister at DafT (Department for Transport) under Chris Grayling, and closely associated with the HS2 fiasco. I took it that when there was a Cabinet reshuffle, junior ministers followed their boss. In this case, Failing Grayling had become Failed Grayling.

I know very little about the religious affiliations of the Cabinet, but they are not all white men. It's reported that Nusrat Ghani consulted Sajid Javid in confidence and he advised her to escalate her complaint.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

were there any questions at the press conference where La Dick announced that the Met would NOW (NOW!) be looking into things?

If so did anyone ask the obvious question/s - why now/why not before/what kept you?

What has brought on her apparent concern for respect for the rule of law/policing by consent?
Sweep
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

thirdcrank wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 1:57pm
Jdsk wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 8:34am "Boris Johnson has ordered a formal inquiry into allegations by the Conservative MP Nusrat Ghani that she was sacked as a minister after being told her “Muslimness” was “making colleagues uncomfortable”."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ing-claims

To be carried out by... the Cabinet Office.

But still not as bad, stupid and inappropriate as Conservative Campaign Headquarters which, is where the Prime Minister suggested.

Jonathan

PS: Who's on duty today for Latin tags?
Does anybody have any information - as opposed to opinions - about what's happened here?
Everything I've seen reported so far has been allegations and denials. The problem Johnson and his band of sycophants has is that to many they are very believable allegations (particularly given Johnson's record).

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Sweep wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 3:44pm were there any questions at the press conference where La Dick announced that the Met would NOW (NOW!) be looking into things?
Was there a press conference?

What I saw was from the London Assembly's Police and Crime Committee.

And I wouldn't expect detailed answers while there's a live investigation.

The statement:
https://news.met.police.uk/news/investi ... eet-441227

includes:

“We will not be giving a running commentary on our current investigations, but I can assure you that we will give updates at significant points as we would normally do.”

Jonathan
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Jdsk wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 4:03pm
Sweep wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 3:44pm were there any questions at the press conference where La Dick announced that the Met would NOW (NOW!) be looking into things?
Was there a press conference?

What I saw was form the London Assembly's Police and Crime Committee.

And I wouldn't expect detailed answers while there's a live investigation.

The statement:
https://news.met.police.uk/news/investi ... eet-441227

Jonathan
ah - you may be right.
Am afraid the whole thing about the Met getting involved NOW looks pathetic to me - and very dodgy - an attempt to push it all back into the long grass so we'll all supposedly forget about it/get on with other things.

I did think I saw something from La Dick where she rattled on about the Met policing without fear or favour - which begs the obvious question - if that's her moral compass which orifice has she been keeping it up all these weeks?

I came across a couple of Met folk outside Surbiton station a week or two ago - left them in little doubt what I thought their outfit had done for the rule of law and policing by consent. The male met bod pushed me in the chest so I told him not to do that as I considered it assault.

Sad thing is that before this supine corrupt posture I had a lot of respect for the way the Met conducted themselves during the plague and even supported them after all the woke flack they got after Clapham Common.
Last edited by Sweep on 25 Jan 2022, 5:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweep
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cowsham wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 9:52am I think the parties at no.10 are nothing compared to the crimes committed by this government forcing care homes to take in known covid-19 infected patients using the threat of funding being withdrawn if they refused. When he does get the boot I hope criminal proceedings start against him wrt to his treatment of care homes.
And it's not just carehome patients and staff this miserable individual and his pathetic government are guilty of treating like something picked up on there made to measure shoes.
NHS workers,the low paid,those on benefits,etc,etc,etc.
This government are the scum of the earth! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Stradageek wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 12:37pm Yup, yet another BoJo delaying tactic. Police investigations are commonly glacial, e.g. this internal investigation from 2013 is sill running https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-60118874

This is not "At last the police are after him" as the headlines suggest. It has just been given a Gavin Henson boot into the long grass :x
The Met,eh!
Not like they don't have "form" is it.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

The Met are as corrupt as this Govt.I doubt anyone will face any charges whatsoever.
Makes you proud to be British, doesn't it?
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

On the Met thing, while they were going through their long very curious performance of looking away, I noted that Mayor Khan said that he couldn't comment on this as it would be getting involved in "operational issues" and therefore entirely democratically inappropriate for him to appear to get involved.
Does this stack up?
Surely he's commented on other things that could be deemed "operational" in the past?
ie - the very serious issue of London youth knife deaths?

It's surely hardly as if stating that the met should be investigating something is an equivelent of saying what the outcome of their investigations should be?
Sweep
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

On the Met and corruption, this fine series might be of interest.

was on over christmas, still on iplayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... ne-of-duty

maybe they have just found better masters to pander to - gangsters and bank robbers just so yesterday ....?
Sweep
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Sweep wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 6:07pm On the Met and corruption, this fine series might be of interest.

was on over christmas, still on iplayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... ne-of-duty

maybe they have just found better masters to pander to - gangsters and bank robbers just so yesterday ....?
One of the people on there is a poster on another Forum I use (one of the good guys, I hasten to add!)
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Govt minister on C4 news claiming that Johnson not responsible because he was "ambushed by a cake".

Honestly, I'm not making this up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News ... gr%5Etweet
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Sunak apparently also the same illegal gathering, but claims only "accidentally", so not a problem.

Again, I'm not making this up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nadinebh_/st ... wsrc%5Etfw
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

There were no parties

I'm furious there was a party

There may have been gatherings, but I wasn't there.

I was there but it wasn't a party

Nobody warned me it was a party so I thought it was work

I was only there for a few minutes.

I was ambushed by a cake.