Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
slowster

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by slowster »

The groundwork is being laid for a defence of 'intentionally misleading the House'. If Johnson did not believe he was attending a party, then he has not lied to the House. The judgement of whether it breached the law is not one that Sue Gray will make, and will only be made officially if the Met were to investigate.

Evidently Johnson and his advisors consider the biggest and immediate threat is to be deemed to have lied to the House, i.e. a resigning matter. He and his advisors appear to believe that breach of the law applying at the time either will not be a problem because the Met will not investigate, or if it does any eventual adverse finding can be weathered, whereas lieing to the House cannot.
mjr

Post by mjr »

francovendee wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 8:32am Who to believe. Cummings now saying Johnson knew about the parties.
One liar talking about another liar.
Generslly, the answer to "is Boris lying or is Cummings lying?" is "yes and yes"!
In spite of every announcement they use to get parties off the front page it keeps coming back.
Cummings has said he wants to bring Boris down, no wonder Boris took so long to sack him.
When thieves fall out!!
Reportedly, as well as Operation Save Big Nob (scapegoat some henchmen) and Op Dead Meat (distract by attacking the BBC and so on) being mounted by No10, there is an Op Rinka trying to keep the pressure on.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

slowster wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 1:44pm The groundwork is being laid for a defence of 'intentionally misleading the House'. If Johnson did not believe he was attending a party, then he has not lied to the House. The judgement of whether it breached the law is not one that Sue Gray will make, and will only be made officially if the Met were to investigate.

Evidently Johnson and his advisors consider the biggest and immediate threat is to be deemed to have lied to the House, i.e. a resigning matter. He and his advisors appear to believe that breach of the law applying at the time either will not be a problem because the Met will not investigate, or if it does any eventual adverse finding can be weathered, whereas lieing to the House cannot.
Yes. And I expect it to be successful within that limited scope and for immediate consumption.

But I don't expect it to solve the problem.

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:58am
reohn2 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:48am
Bonefishblues wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:44am

Real-life Life of Pi :)
You mean,going round in circles?
I was more referring to the Filum :)
:wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

What an idiot. Next we'll be getting "Nobody told me what the big red button did ...".

Go to things without any checks, do things without knowing what they are and he is our leader. "Nobody told me ... so I just did it anyway!".

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

He doesn't know when to stop digging!
W H Auden
mjr

Post by mjr »

Psamathe wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 4:04pm
What an idiot. Next we'll be getting "Nobody told me what the big red button did ...".

Go to things without any checks, do things without knowing what they are and he is our leader. "Nobody told me ... so I just did it anyway!".
Why did he need to be told? How many times before 20 May 2020 had the PM appeared on TV telling us all what was against the rules? We were expected to remember it, on pain of being fined, whether or not we heard it, so he should be expected to remember what he actually said! He was definitely there!
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Psamathe wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 4:04pm
Ian
Nobody warned my that I was breaking my own rules.Is he for real?I mean really?
There is no limit to how low he will sink and how many lies he will tell to save himself.I cannot believe he is still in the Conservative party let alone power.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

This country,due to the Tory party,Boris Johnson and his disgusting government,has now sunk to an all time low and suffers from such pollution of ethics,honour and honesty as to be as filthy as our rivers into which is poured untreated human waste on such a regular basis as to have lost count as to by how much and how many times it has happened,but enough to know there are NO clean rivers in England.
The comparison is a correct and honest one,there is no one in the Tory party without blame for this filthy state of affairs.
They say a fish rots from the head down but such "fish" need water clean enough to survive in,likewise politicians that are now in power need similar "water" to prosper in.
The electorate provided their clean oxigenated water and have been taken for the fools they are!

The country has become a disgusting and polluted place in which to live,a place without morals or any kind of decency in the corridors of government,which has in turn knocked on down the line to the common man and woman on the street who voted for these cretinous creatures now running a sickly polluted circus,feeding those who believed them weavil infested mouldy bread not fit for human consumption.
TBH how any Tory party member can live with what they've given birth to is beyond me.
Their party is a disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame.

Rant over
W H Auden
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The wife says he has to go -- so he's toast -- I told her he's so brazen he won't go till someone comes right out with it and tells him to go.
She says she'll ring him and tell him to go -- I'd better write a letter to downing St and let them know she'll be ringing, maybe he'll figure it out before that has to happen cos he knows that won't be pretty.
I am here. Where are you?
pwa

Post by pwa »

reohn2 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 5:30pm This country,due to the Tory party,Boris Johnson and his disgusting government,has now sunk to an all time low and suffers from such pollution of ethics,honour and honesty as to be as filthy as our rivers into which is poured untreated human waste on such a regular basis as to have lost count as to by how much and how many times it has happened,but enough to know there are NO clean rivers in England.
The comparison is a correct and honest one,there is no one in the Tory party without blame for this filthy state of affairs.
They say a fish rots from the head down but such "fish" need water clean enough to survive in,likewise politicians that are now in power need similar "water" to prosper in.
The electorate provided their clean oxigenated water and have been taken for the fools they are!

The country has become a disgusting and polluted place in which to live,a place without morals or any kind of decency in the corridors of government,which has in turn knocked on down the line to the common man and woman on the street who voted for these cretinous creatures now running a sickly polluted circus,feeding those who believed them weavil infested mouldy bread not fit for human consumption.
TBH how any Tory party member can live with what they've given birth to is beyond me.
Their party is a disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame.

Rant over
So you're not sitting on the fence on this one then? :lol:
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

reohn2 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 5:30pm Rant over
If only. I bet there'll be another one tomorrow. :o
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Meanwhile the river of pollution continues to flow..........
W H Auden
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

The public has become mistrustful and find politics something they don't want to be concerned with.
In my view schools should include politics as part of teaching.
The vote should be compulsory and from the age of 16.
Until people see the link between their apathy about voting and the resulting government, we're going to have more governments like the last 10 years.
Boris has become quite toxic over the parties and lost his 'shine' with the public. Prior to this he was extremely popular. Lining the pockets of his backers and his repeated lying wasn't seen as a reason to question their support.
Would a better politically educated nation change this? Possibly, but it wouldn't make it worse than now.