Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Psamathe »

Cowsham wrote: 14 May 2022, 6:49am Boris says working from home doesn't work

Taking a swipe at the out-of-office culture that has taken hold across Whitehall, he adds: 'My experience of working from home is you spend an awful lot of time making another cup of coffee and then, you know, getting up, walking very slowly to the fridge, hacking off a small piece of cheese, then walking very slowly back to your laptop and then forgetting what it was you're doing.'

:lol:
Johnson's utterings on this highlight so many of his personal failings
1. He seems to think that because something does not work for him it cannot work for anybody.

2. Through PartyGate he has often claimed how No 10 is his home ... so when working in No 10 he is "working from his home office" - maybe he is right that he cannot get anything done working from home.

3. He cannot recognise the circumstances and different typs of work others do. I (and other s/w developers reporting to me) used to work from home a lot and "productivity" was massively higher - it worked very well for both the individuals and the cmpany. Of corse a postman or supermarket cashier will not be very effective working from home.

4. It highlights how poor his at organising - when sitting at a laptop working you finish a "section" of whatever you are doing then get a coffee. You stop at a sensible point to resume. When people are reading a book they don't stop mid sentence to make a coffee. They finish the chapter or to a break in events or even a paragraph - that way they can pick up from where they left off. Stopping mid-thought (as Johnson claims he does) shows a "scatter brain" attitude and I suspect not focusing on the work.

etc.

Edit: Plus with all the challenges facing the UK at the moment e.g. Cost of Living, massive tax increases, NI Protocol & Assembly, etc. one would have hoped the PM's focus would be on those issues not where people work and are most productive. If working from home is "not working" for an employee his/her manager should have already identified the problem and be sorting it. If it is working for an employee stopping it will just make things worse for the individual and company.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Phileas wrote: 14 May 2022, 8:09am
Cowsham wrote: 14 May 2022, 6:49am Boris says working from home doesn't work

Taking a swipe at the out-of-office culture that has taken hold across Whitehall, he adds: 'My experience of working from home is you spend an awful lot of time making another cup of coffee and then, you know, getting up, walking very slowly to the fridge, hacking off a small piece of cheese, then walking very slowly back to your laptop and then forgetting what it was you're doing.’
Typically ill-considered remarks. I can’t imagine he’s ever worked regular office hours so his experience is of limited value.
Work is just a four letter word to Johnson.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"... the Guardian publishes private documents at the centre of an extraordinary row between Priti Patel and police leaders."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ce-leaders

It's worth reading the second.

Jonathan
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

Wasn't it Boris and co who told everyone to work from home not too long ago?
The man is an idiot.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jamie Oliver on Johnson's Eaton Mess:- https://youtu.be/0GSSZ3q1M8Q
W H Auden
6.5_lives_left

Post by 6.5_lives_left »

Jdsk wrote: 16 May 2022, 6:34pm "... the Guardian publishes private documents at the centre of an extraordinary row between Priti Patel and police leaders."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ce-leaders

It's worth reading the second.

Jonathan
It is pretty clear that the Chief Constables don't think much of the Home Secretary's proposal.

Off topic, but the address to send the responses has been 'blacked out' (redacted). Except if you select and then cut and paste, you can recover the text in the blacked out section. It is easy to mock, but it is actually very hard to properly redact an electronic document. If someone asked me to do it, I am pretty sure that I would not do it successfully.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Back on topic, here's Boris Johnson with brain missing
Screenshot (48).png
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"The Met has today announced the investigation into alleged breaches of Covid regulations at Downing Street and Whitehall, under Operation Hillman, is complete."
https://news.met.police.uk/news/mets-in ... des-448148

With quite a lot of detail and explanation.

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Looks like Johnson's readiness to throw others under a bus to save himself is coming full circle as not those more junior staff seem to be forming a lengthening queue to talk to the press and hand over their incriminating photos.

e.g.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/may/24/boris-johnson-sue-gray-report-partygate-photos-uk-politics-latest wrote:Downing Street insiders have described chaotic mid-lockdown parties in No 10 they felt were condoned by Boris Johnson as he “was grabbing a glass for himself”, PA Media reports. PA says:

Three anonymous individuals have told BBC Panorama in detail what they witnessed at regular rule-breaking events during coronavirus restrictions.
Their evidence will heap further pressure on the prime minister ahead of the publication of the Sue Gray inquiry into “partygate”, which No 10 expects on Wednesday.
Party debris was left overnight for people arriving at work the next day to discover after staff crowded together and sat on each other’s laps at parties, according to the attendees.
One said they felt they had the permission of the prime minister as he was not telling them to break up the scenes when returning to his flat.
“No, he wasn’t telling anybody that. He was grabbing a glass for himself,” they said.
Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Afganistan withdrawal a disaster:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61555821
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Whatever Ms Gray says, looks like it's not going to end with her report.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/25/met-police-facing-legal-action-over-handling-of-partygate wrote:Met police faces legal action over ‘irrational’ handling of Partygate
The Metropolitan police is facing legal action over the way it handled allegations of the prime minister breaking lockdown rules by attending parties in Downing Street, the Guardian has learned.

The former Met police chief Brian Paddick is part of a group arguing the Met blundered and acted “irrationally” in its investigation.

Johnson was fined for one event but not for others, despite claims he was an active participant in these gatherings – with one photo showing his attendance.

In a letter ahead of expected legal action, lawyers for Paddick say they wish to judicially review the “apparent failure of the Metropolitan police service to adequately investigate or investigate at all the prime minister Boris Johnson’s participation in three unlawful gatherings held at 10 Downing Street …”
Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

And trying to stop the publication of the Sue Gray report.

Just how corrupt does this government and it's leader have to get before they're shown the door?
W H Auden
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Listening to WATO.
The greased piglet is wriggling desperately.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Mike Sales wrote: 25 May 2022, 1:17pm Listening to WATO.
The greased piglet is wriggling desperately.
Now imagine if Harold Wilson or Denis Healey was on the opposition benches attacking him along with asides from a peak Dennis Skinner. Politicians ain't what they used to be....
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker