Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 10:11am I suppose he was an effective whip when he threatened wayward MPs with the grope!

Al
I don't know as that would be such a threat,according to today's media Pincer seems to have had a grope at most of the other MPs as it is! :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Am I misunderstanding, or are there posts upthread suggesting that sexual assaults are funny?

Thanks

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 7:28pm With regard to the Pincher appointment, Johnson has yet again made himself look like a fool. Claiming he didn't know the individual's reputation is the daft thing that shows his incapability.

With so many MPs now saying "if Johnson didn't know his [Pincher's] reputation then he [Johnson] was the only person in Westminster not knowing". So Johnson either Johnson was appointing inappropraite people without inquiring into their suitability or he is (yet again) lying. Either option shows Johnson unsuited to his office. Really makes one question how so many Conservative MPs still support him rather than the interest of the country (and the interest of their own party).

Ian
One need look no further than Nadine Dorries :roll: to see Johnson appoints absolute idiots to ministerial posts so long as they're johnson sychophants :twisted:
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

So after their previous "knew nothing" attempts collapsed, now Johnson's team are admitting
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/04/no-10-pm-was-aware-of-some-claims-about-chris-pincher-in-february wrote:Boris Johnson was aware of some allegations relating to Chris Pincher when the MP for Tamworth was appointed deputy chief whip in February, Downing Street has admitted.
If he did know, why did they keep claiming he didn't? Try the lie and see if they can get away with it is no way to run a Government.

Ian
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

It's now been revealed Boris knew about Pincher before he was appointed.
When will the Tories learn that lies will out in the end.

I had a 'warm' discussion about Boris yesterday. His supporter insisted he's done a brilliant job and it's just the media causing all the fuss.
His absolute corker was asking me if not Johnson who else!
Maybe Germans asked themselves the same in the 1930's.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote: 4 Jul 2022, 12:41pm ....... Try the lie and see if they can get away with it is no way to run a Government.

Ian
The Tories and Nude Labour have been doing it for the past forty years!
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Jul 2022, 8:24am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 8:04am ......His absolute corker was asking me if not Johnson who else! .......
If Johnson is the best PM on offer then the country is really sunk and has no future!
If the chap you were speaking with can't see that he's in cloud cuckoo land,thing is though,he ain't alone I've heard the odd loonie spout the same crackpot nonsense.
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 7:31pm Am I misunderstanding, or are there posts upthread suggesting that sexual assaults are funny?

Thanks

Jonathan
You're misunderstanding it's the lunacy of the Tory party that I at least am extracting the urine from,and not least the present PM.
Johnson seems to be happily building his own gallows,and making a pretty good job of it :D
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Jul 2022, 8:24am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Its a question of whether you should prejudge someone on heresay and even more odious on the fact that they are known to be gay. Should either of those things affect choice? I guess thats what happened. But if you are blinded by predjudice......and swallow media hype whole.....you will reach a different conclusion.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 8:21am Its a question of whether you should prejudge someone on heresay and even more odious on the fact that they are known to be gay. Should either of those things affect choice? I guess thats what happened. But if you are blinded by predjudice......and swallow media hype whole.....you will reach a different conclusion.
Whether an assault was heterosexual or homosexual doesn't seem particularly relevant in terms of the criminality of the offence. But if it outs a victim who didn't want to be out it could add additional suffering.

And assaults made from a position of power are particularly nasty, and I would expect that to be taken into account in any inquiry or in employment or criminal or civil proceedings.

Jonathan
pwa

Post by pwa »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 8:21am Its a question of whether you should prejudge someone on heresay and even more odious on the fact that they are known to be gay. Should either of those things affect choice? I guess thats what happened. But if you are blinded by predjudice......and swallow media hype whole.....you will reach a different conclusion.

Al
If you are talking about Pincher, Al, he has more or less admitted misbehaviour already. And in the space of 24 hours No10 said Boris hadn't known about the man's behaviour before giving him a prominent job, then changes the story to yes, he had known.

The fact that he is gay is neither here nor there. Grabbing another person's groin without consent is something that should land you in a police cell.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

In the incident in question it appears that the guy was intoxicated and lost control. What I was referring to was the choice the PM made in selecting him in the first place...should he have rejected him on the basis of heresay?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 8:34am In the incident in question it appears that the guy was intoxicated and lost control. What I was referring to was the choice the PM made in selecting him in the first place...should he have rejected him on the basis of heresay?
The *current version of the defence is that allegations weren't "substantiated" or "specific". In that case they should have been investigated.

Jonathan

* But it's still only 0837...
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

al_yrpal wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 8:34am In the incident in question it appears that the guy was intoxicated and lost control.
And it's reported that the risk of this was so well known that he had a nominated minder.

Jonathan
pwa

Post by pwa »

In my own place of work, where people do ordinary jobs, one bloke was sacked when several female members of the team made allegations of sexual harassment. Not even grabbing, just words. That is enough to get you fired in normal jobs. But in Parliament you can have allegations made against you and still get promoted by a boss who knows but doesn't care.