Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
DaveReading

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by DaveReading »

Psamathe wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 11:18am I see Ms Truss is cutting short a trip to Indonesia and returning to UK immediately. Why? What is she going to do when she gets back?

If her trip and the costs & time are justfied, there is no urgency within her department and the aims of the trip should be completed. Reality is she's abandoning her role in Government so she can get her leadership camapign underway. Talk to colleagues, make them "If I become leader I'll need a senior ... and you would be well suited to the role ..." to try and get votes (patronage offers).

If her trip was important enough to justify the cost and time it should not be abandoned for her career self-interest.

Ian
I suspect her premature return will help a lot of people to work out where her priorities lie.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Rory Stewart interview today on the creep:- https://youtu.be/aiaf-UuRr5M
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Boris resigns!

This is wonderful news, because now there won't be 200+ page threads about the pillock on cycling forums. :D
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Manc33 wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 6:13pm Boris resigns!

This is wonderful news, because now there won't be 200+ page threads about the pillock on cycling forums. :D
Look at what he's resigned from. He has NOT resigned as Prime Minister. He has only resigned as leader of the Conservative Party. He has yet to visit the Queen and resign as PM which he stated he has no intention of doing for a few more months.

Ian
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

...sorry - Boris who?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Psamathe wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 6:16pm

Look at what he's resigned from. He has NOT resigned as Prime Minister. He has only resigned as leader of the Conservative Party. He has yet to visit the Queen and resign as PM which he stated he has no intention of doing for a few more months.

Ian
Will no one relieve us of this turbulent beast? No, not with a group of conservative knights of the realm slashing at the nasty yob with their ceremonial swords .... although the thought is peversly attractive.

Normally the rozzers apprehend such obvious criminals then The Beak and jury send such blatant and unrepentant law breakers to gaol. Bokum has committed all sorts of crimes, large and small, including manslaughter of those dying unnecessarily from Covid, pollution and physical degradation via the trashing of all kinds of welfare services, from the NHS to the benefit system.

If I was a-one o' them religious fellows who believe in vengeful gods somewhere up in the sky, I would pray for a lightning bolt. Oh come on! At least it would be quick, unlike a Prometheus-eagle coming to eat his renewing liver every day - another perverse thought I should be ashamed of having. Yes.

How about finding Circe and getting her to turn the blond slob into a pig? One would hardly notice the difference. A gutsy slobberer at various troughs within The Establishment sty aka The Houses of Parliament!

Cugel, reading too much Madeline Miller.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Psamathe wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 6:16pmHe has only resigned as leader of the Conservative Party. He has yet to visit the Queen and resign as PM which he stated he has no intention of doing for a few more months.
That may not be his decision to make.

If there's going to be a battle between Boris and the 1922 Committee, I know whom my money would be on.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

The unseemly squabbling will continue, by the looks of it...
quote from statement
quote from statement
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

All he's said is, "I'll go - when they find another one..." Took them 3 weeks to get him out of the foreign office flat, after he was sacked. And let's not forget that the invites to his and the missus' bash at Chequers have already gone out. Oops
S
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

simonineaston wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 8:11pm All he's said is, "I'll go - when they find another one..." Took them 3 weeks to get him out of the foreign office flat, after he was sacked. And let's not forget that the invites to his and the missus' bash at Chequers have already gone out. Oops
Plus he'll be spending every waking moment from now on working on all and any means to frustrate any attempts are establishing his replacement and any means to stay in power. I suspect he regards the last few days as just another step in his staying PM until 2030.

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

roubaixtuesday wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 3:18pm Image
Could Lebedev offer an alternative location? They wouldn't have to cater for officials.

Jonathan
pwa

Post by pwa »

Psamathe wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 6:16pm

Ian
In practice the longest he will stay is the time it takes to organise and run the leadership replacement process, which I imagine will be about 6 weeks. He should be gone by the start of September.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

https://www.reuters.com/world/resigning ... 022-07-07/

So I thought Boris was hanging onto power to

a) cause trouble and therefore bolster his flagging ego https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/ ... 1822320642
b) try and establish some sort of populist legacy with a massive, unaffordable, tax cuts
c) secure enough time to ennoble all his mates and collect the kick-backs

But it seem he's even shallower than that, he just wants the us to pay for a big wedding party where he can select his next mistress from amongst the bridesmaids.

Or am I becoming overly cynical?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

pwa wrote: 8 Jul 2022, 7:58am
Psamathe wrote: 7 Jul 2022, 6:16pm Look at what he's resigned from. He has NOT resigned as Prime Minister. He has only resigned as leader of the Conservative Party. He has yet to visit the Queen and resign as PM which he stated he has no intention of doing for a few more months.
In practice the longest he will stay is the time it takes to organise and run the leadership replacement process, which I imagine will be about 6 weeks. He should be gone by the start of September.
I'd like to be that confident, but this is Johnson. There may well be more shenanigans, with bypassing Parliament again, calling an election and some "national emergency" being possibilities.

Jonathan

PS: This is in addition to the harm that he can do in other ways while still in power.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

My wife will go in and help him pack up.
I am here. Where are you?