Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by Jdsk »

"Lords standards commissioner launches inquiry into Michelle Mone":
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... helle-mone

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 5:33pm "Lords standards commissioner launches inquiry into Michelle Mone":

Jonathan
This post and the one on at the bottom of the previous page:-

Why am I not surprised?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Who to believe. Cummings now saying Johnson knew about the parties.
One liar talking about another liar.
In spite of every announcement they use to get parties off the front page it keeps coming back.
Cummings has said he wants to bring Boris down, no wonder Boris took so long to sack him.
When thieves fall out!!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

reohn2 wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 5:59pm
Jdsk wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 5:33pm "Lords standards commissioner launches inquiry into Michelle Mone":

Jonathan

Why am I not surprised?
a complaint by the Labour peer Guy -- oh sorry -- George Foulkes has threatened to explode -- ah sorry expose corruption.
I am here. Where are you?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

francovendee wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 8:32am Who to believe. Cummings now saying Johnson knew about the parties.
In spite of every announcement they use to get parties off the front page it keeps coming back.
Cummings has said he wants to bring Boris down, no wonder Boris took so long to sack him.
When thieves fall out!!
I think the public thinks little of Cummings but they are all well aware f Johnson's track record for lies. So when it comes to "he said, she said", I suspect the public will disregard that it is Cummings but be aware that Johnson is fighting for his survival and has no hesitation in lying even when his back is not against the wall. He has created his own problems here - track record is ensuring nobody believes what he says anymore.

Ian
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

francovendee wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 8:32am Who to believe. Cummings now saying Johnson knew about the parties.
When thieves fall out!!
Real-life Life of Pi :)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:44am
When thieves fall out!!
You mean,going round in circles?
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cowsham wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 9:53am
reohn2 wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 5:59pm

Jonathan

Why am I not surprised?
a complaint by the Labour peer Guy -- oh sorry -- George Foulkes has threatened to explode -- ah sorry expose corruption.
I've no idea what you're on about.
A Labour Lord makes complaint about a Tory Lord over her involvement in the PPE scandal and I'm not surprised :?
Are you?
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:48am
Bonefishblues wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:44am
When thieves fall out!!
You mean,going round in circles?
I was more referring to the Filum :)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The Court of Appeal has overturned the decision in the Public First case. Appeal to the Supreme Court predicted.
https://goodlawproject.org/update/we-pl ... an-appeal/

The judgment:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg3J7o ... zcSIg/view

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

In our system members of the Conservative Party sometimes get to choose the Prime Minister. Their views:
https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/sta ... eumpUpAAAA

Jonathan
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

If it were to come to legl proceedings, which it won't, then I have no doubt that the PM would lie on oath. Faced with opposing sworn statements, it is bound to be the PM's that is "believed". To do otherwise would not be in the interests of the ruling establishment.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I wonder how relevant Johnson's "I believed it was ..." is. If I do 40 in a 30 speed limit saying "I believed I was only doing 30" is irrelevant - I should have checked by looking at the speedo. Same with Johnson and Parties. Ignorance and failure to check is no excuse.

So to some extent, Cummings warnings (real or imaginary) is irrelevant, "bottom line" is Johnson has admitted breaking Covid laws be that knowledgeably or by failing to check if something was what it looked like it was.

Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Psamathe wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 12:23pm I wonder how relevant Johnson's "I believed it was ..." is. If I do 40 in a 30 speed limit saying "I believed I was only doing 30" is irrelevant - I should have checked by looking at the speedo. Same with Johnson and Parties. Ignorance and failure to check is no excuse.
There's some fascinating parsing of implicitly doing the rounds.

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

As John Selden might have said
Ignorance of the covid rules excuseth no man; not that all men know the rules; but because ‘tis an excuse every man will plead, and no man can tell how to confute him, even if he's the man in charge of making the rules