Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
JohnW

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by JohnW »

Thank you for that Carlton - we all miss Brucey's knowledge, experience, understanding and patience with some queries from time past.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

JohnW wrote: 3 Oct 2022, 11:34am Thank you for that Carlton - we all miss Brucey's knowledge, experience, understanding and patience with some queries from time past.
+1
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

it might be possible for them - just one agreed person would be sensible - to talk to him directly.
Good to hear of the chap - if anyone does get over to see him, please do pass on all the best from us all !!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

JohnW wrote: 3 Oct 2022, 11:34am Thank you for that Carlton - we all miss Brucey's knowledge, experience, understanding and patience with some queries from time past.
+ several
all the best brucey
Sweep
LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke »

Thanks Carlton for the update.
Here’s hoping Brucey is bearing up ok.
Best wishes,
Luke
hercule

Post by hercule »

I was just thinking of him this morning so good to hear that he’s bearing up.

“I Know Where I’m Going” is one of my favourite P&P films too, filmed at Carsaig on the south coast of Mull if you ever happen to be cycling past, as untouched as it was when the film was made and some very steep hills to tackle on the way!
zenitb

Post by zenitb »

Excellent news that Brucy is still looking at hub designs. I'm still running the (fairly) unique Sachs Maillard "big balls" front tandem hub he shipped me..and of course using the years of accumulated advice Brucey has encapsulated on this sites posts. I really enjoyed our joint investigations on Shimano's different parts with the same part number - this saved us from a horrible old/new SPD cleat/pedal mismatch recently. Wishing him all the best. George.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Great to see Brucey back 😀😀😀
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

Woop Woop! 👍
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

It most certainly is. 😀
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Made my day, welcome back Brucey.
Nu-Fogey
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Gosh, all of the four above 👏. What wonderful news 😁.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Welcome back! :-)
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The Guru has returned -- welcome back Brucey. :D
I am here. Where are you?
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

zenitb wrote: 8 Oct 2022, 12:10pm Excellent news that Brucy is still looking at hub designs. I'm still running the (fairly) unique Sachs Maillard "big balls" front tandem hub he shipped me..and of course using the years of accumulated advice Brucey has encapsulated on this sites posts. I really enjoyed our joint investigations on Shimano's different parts with the same part number - this saved us from a horrible old/new SPD cleat/pedal mismatch recently. Wishing him all the best. George.
Er.....I'm not sure that the thought that "Brucey is back" is correct - this post from 'zenitb' is dated 8 Oct 2022 - I wish it was correct though, and I only hope that Brucey is still keeping his eye on us. Best wishes to you if you are Brucey.

And best wishes to all his well-wishers.
Last edited by JohnW on 8 Oct 2023, 11:32pm, edited 1 time in total.