Dom puts the boot in...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

Dom puts the boot in...

Post by simonineaston »

Far from stabbing the PM in the back - although he's far from complimentary - he's proper put the boot in as far as Hancock is concerned. Great stuff - lot's of fun!!
Cummings singled out Hancock, saying he “should have been fired” for “at least 15-20 things – including lying to everybody on multiple occasions” and said he suggested this to the prime minister, as did the then-cabinet secretary, Mark Sedwill.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
rmurphy195

Re: Dom puts the boot in...

Post by rmurphy195 »

What a nice man DC is though - publicly turning on former colleagues who publicly supported him when he and his family were going through a tough time.

Interesting how he is now the darling of the media, who wanted him sacked a year ago.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

After the Barnard Castle thing I don't believe one single thing that he says, he just seems to spew out anything that suits his agenda on the day. Boris's biggest mistake during the pandemic was not sacking Cummings on the day the story broke
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

My highly-scientific interpretation is that while Johnson is vain, easily-led and ineffective, Hancock appears to be downright devious & deceitful.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Interesting interview about the then expected revelations (after the leaked comments) with the editor of tory world or whatever the newsletter published for supporters of the conservatives.

Basically the start of his monologue sounded like he supported Cummings. Then he did a complete flip and laid the boot onto Cummings by saying that after the Bernard Castle incident he didn't think the voting public would pay much attention to Cummings in the end. Basically, he's irrelevant!

The editor guy went from being a pathetic, right wing, Cummings sycophant to a more honest assessor of the truth if Cummings. He's relevant when he's close to the power of something and irrelevant when away from it.

By that I mean it is more about the movement or group he's in than the man himself I think. People have given him too much credit over the years and I hope he disappears up is own rectum of irrelevance or go to America and get into right wing politics there, perhaps team up with trump!!!!
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

rmurphy195 wrote: 26 May 2021, 12:44pm What a nice man DC is though - publicly turning on former colleagues who publicly supported him when he and his family were going through a tough time.

Interesting how he is now the darling of the media, who wanted him sacked a year ago.
But he makes news at every turn. Manna from Barnard Castle.
mjr

Post by mjr »

rmurphy195 wrote: 26 May 2021, 12:44pm Interesting how he is now the darling of the media, who wanted him sacked a year ago.
I don't think they like him beyond being fuel for a bonfire, although it looks like Hancock may be in the wicker man instead of Johnson.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I've listened to the long segment where he was asked about the Rose Garden event and while he makes an interesting revelation, he still doesn't seem to grasp the simple fact that tens of thousands of citizens were confused and upset by his apparent immunity from the then guidelines and that, back then, he could have gone a long way to ammeliorating the problem by simply saying he was sorry.
Last edited by simonineaston on 26 May 2021, 2:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
S
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

mjr wrote: 26 May 2021, 1:30pm
rmurphy195 wrote: 26 May 2021, 12:44pm Interesting how he is now the darling of the media, who wanted him sacked a year ago.
I don't think they like him beyond being fuel for a bonfire, although it looks like Hancock may be in the wicker man instead of Johnson.
Johnson would burn for longer :lol:
mjr

Post by mjr »

simonineaston wrote: 26 May 2021, 1:54pm I've listened to the long segment where he was asked about the Rose Garden event and while he makes an interesting revelation, he still doesn't seem to grasp the simple fact that tens of thousands of citizens were confused and upset by his apparent immunity from the then guidelines and could have gone a long way to ammeliorating the problem by simply saying he was sorry.
But he wasn't sorry so didn't want to lie... :lol: Also he did not want to mention that he had moved after discussions with the police, presumably to avoid further upset about his apparent immunity from the then guidelines.

I don't believe much of it but he has constructed a strange sort of reasoning for it.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

It seems that the Barnard Castle branch of Specsavers must have been able to supply their client with a supply of hindsight.
John
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

It's remarkable so many journalists appear to be finding any of this revelatory..

It's also a sad reflection of how useless most of our journalists are, most are all too happy to parrot info from "sources" or pick two opposing individuals to 'debate' an issue (no matter how fringe or extreme the views of one or both those individuals).

Cummings clearly has his own agenda here, though that's little reason to dismiss everything said as rubbish. His long term colleague Gove appears to be notably free of any dirt yet.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
mjr

Post by mjr »

Oldjohnw wrote: 26 May 2021, 2:30pm It seems that the Barnard Castle branch of Specsavers must have been able to supply their client with a supply of hindsight.
Why are you repeating Grant Shapps's bad jokes from this morning's radio?
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Nest of lying vipers aka parliament
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

mjr wrote: 26 May 2021, 3:01pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 26 May 2021, 2:30pm It seems that the Barnard Castle branch of Specsavers must have been able to supply their client with a supply of hindsight.
Why are you repeating Grant Shapps's bad jokes from this morning's radio?
I'm sorry. I never heard Grant Shapps on the radio this morning. So I am not repeating anything. It is therefore my own, admittedly rather feeble, joke. It is merely an obvious juxtaposition of thoughts.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 26 May 2021, 4:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
John