How many crashes this year?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cowsham

Re: How many crashes this year?

Post by Cowsham »

Sorry to hear about the smash Mick hope all heals up well -- but more importantly is the wee Moulton?

Nb -- did you have any xrays done?
I am here. Where are you?
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Speedy recovery Mick F!
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

philvantwo wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 6:54pm Speedy recovery Mick F!
+1

sounds very much like diesel - curiously there was a trail of said stuff down the Bristol to Bath this morning probably from the bin van :roll:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
pq

Post by pq »

I very rarely fall off, but I did crash this year. I was on my gravel bike on a narrow descent with a deep covering of leaves. I hit a hidden tree stump and went flying over the bars. Bruised and a bent gear hanger, so really not too bad.
One link to your website is enough. G
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

sounds very much like diesel
+1
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thanks guys, for all your kind wishes.
This morning, I'm aching all down the RH side of my body, top to toe.
Everything has to be done slowly.

Mrs Mick F will be phoning the (ill)health centre this morning so I can have an appointment for a dressing change on Friday. If I can't get one then, the nurse at the minor injuries place, said to come back to her, and take my place in the queue.

I won't be cycling there! :lol:
Cowsham wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 4:05pm ....... but more importantly is the wee Moulton?
- did you have any xrays done?
The bike is still in the back of the car. Mrs Mick F won't let me get it out by myself, so she'll help. It took her plus one of my rescuers to get it in! Moulton TSRs aren't a lightweight bike at all.

I understand that there's lots of blood on it, but other than that, I don't know as yet. Later this morning, we'll grapple with it together and I'll see if there's any damage.

No x-rays necessary of me ..................... but depending on the bike's condition ..................... it may need one. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Situation Report.

Moulton out of the car and now upside down on the decking as it's quite stable like that.
A few bits of my blood on the steerer above the headset, and on the front mudguard.
No damage to speak of generally, but the rear mech has been bent a tad and scratched. If it's beyond repair bending-wise, I have another.

Photos to follow.

Main thing I've found out, is that when I came off and my cycling glasses lost a lens (that I had the presence of mind to pick up) the frame had broken, and it was the frame that dug into my forehead rather than my forehead hitting the tarmac.

The nurse asked me if I'd been wearing a helmet of course. No I don't, but she replied that if I'd have been wearing one my head wouldn't have been injured.
I now feel exonerated, as it was my glasses wot did it and you can see the scratches on the frame.
Super Glue will mend them ok, but I'm well overdue for another prescription for them.
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 10:04am"The nurse asked me if I'd been wearing a helmet of course. No I don't, but she replied that if I'd have been wearing one my head wouldn't have been injured."
Before the usual reactions to that please would you let us know if you'd prefer that it wasn't discussed in this thread.

Thanks

Jonathan
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Jdsk wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 10:08am
Mick F wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 10:04am"The nurse asked me if I'd been wearing a helmet of course. No I don't, but she replied that if I'd have been wearing one my head wouldn't have been injured."
Before the usual reactions to that please would you let us know if you'd prefer that it wasn't discussed in this thread.
+1 to that.
---------------------------------------------------
Glad you're OK Mick.

Don't stress about any Moulton damage: Yes I know bikes are important! But treat the repairs as a normal part of the recovery process :-)
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 9:07am Thanks guys, for all your kind wishes.
This morning, I'm aching all down the RH side of my body, top to toe.
Everything has to be done slowly.

Mrs Mick F will be phoning the (ill)health centre this morning so I can have an appointment for a dressing change on Friday. If I can't get one then, the nurse at the minor injuries place, said to come back to her, and take my place in the queue.

I won't be cycling there! :lol:
Cowsham wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 4:05pm ....... but more importantly is the wee Moulton?
- did you have any xrays done?
The bike is still in the back of the car. Mrs Mick F won't let me get it out by myself, so she'll help. It took her plus one of my rescuers to get it in! Moulton TSRs aren't a lightweight bike at all.

I understand that there's lots of blood on it, but other than that, I don't know as yet. Later this morning, we'll grapple with it together and I'll see if there's any damage.

No x-rays necessary of me ..................... but depending on the bike's condition ..................... it may need one. :wink:
:lol:

Plenty of vitamin D for yourself to help grow some new skin.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Jdsk wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 10:08am

Thanks

Jonathan
Why, are we now to have posters censure comments, isn't enough we have a 'moderator' who decides what can be written here?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

He's injured, and I thought it courteous to ask him.

Jonathan
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm not raising the H word etc.
Please get that straight!

All I'm saying, is that after consideration and thought, I know where and why I was injured.

My side hit the road HARD in a spit second. No warning, no slipping, just BANG and I was down.
My RH side of my whole body aches like heck- shoulder and chest front and back - and my elbow is punctured down to the bone and my thigh is bruised terribly and I have a gash in my calf. I also had a profusely bleeding forehead due to my cycling glasses.

Maybe instead of having a Helmet Section, we should start a Glasses Section eh? :roll:
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Oh no! Take it easy, none of us bounce as well as we did when youngsters. In similar circumstances I broke my Pelvis a few years ago. Oil film, mud and mollases that the council now spray on the roads with salt. Is it on the road salting list.? Take care.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 3:49pm I'm not raising the H word etc.
Please get that straight!

All I'm saying, is that after consideration and thought, I know where and why I was injured.

My side hit the road HARD in a spit second. No warning, no slipping, just BANG and I was down.
My RH side of my whole body aches like heck- shoulder and chest front and back - and my elbow is punctured down to the bone and my thigh is bruised terribly and I have a gash in my calf. I also had a profusely bleeding forehead due to my cycling glasses.

Maybe instead of having a Helmet Section, we should start a Glasses Section eh? :roll:
The time I got knocked out due to a fall in a mountain bike accident ( a couple of years ago -- don't remember anything about it other than I must have landed wrong at a jump over a wet stone path ) I was wearing an ill fitting head protection accootriment but my glasses did most of the flesh wounds which needed stitches.

Got a new pair of glasses out of it as they weren't that old -- that's another story about unequal prescriptions ie Left eye v right eye affecting depth perception / balance etc.