What did you buy today?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Slowtwitch

Re: What did you buy today?

Post by Slowtwitch »

A pair of pound shop mittens! Spring is in the air 8) 8) 8)
jb

Post by jb »

further wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 7:10pm A new platter for my Rega Planar 25
May I ask how you managed to wear out the old one, or is it an upgrade?
Cheers
J Bro
further

Post by further »

"May I ask how you managed to wear out the old one, or is it an upgrade?"
I hope it is an upgrade
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

further wrote: 27 Jan 2022, 7:10pm A new platter for my Rega Planar 25
Bought a new stereo for me mas old Jeep Cherokee. After sourcing ordering an adapter kit to take it from something like a 1 1/2 din to single din fitting.

The interesting thing about this is that her car has circumvented the CD era altogether.

ie the original stereo was cassette tape / radio which has just calved. The new replacement stereo has no CD player but has Bluetooth and a USB port along with the am/fm radio

( was going to buy the dab one but not worth it for the complication of features )
I am here. Where are you?
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Not today but this week:-
For myself with my money:-
Air Arms HFT500 .177 rifle.
Hawke Airmax 4-24x50 scope.
TierOne FTR Bipod.
Lansky Turnbox knife sharpener

For Daughters 21st with our money:-
9ct Gold necklace with pendant.
Silver 21st Key.
Ladies tool kit(bit of a joke)

For house with savings:-
Panoramic 'media wall' built in electric fireplace.
Paint/wallpaper/curtains for living room.
25sqm of slate floor tiles for porch/living room
10m Sky Q extender cable.
Samsung 65" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV
Skip for next project.

Just when I thought we'd done had to have the dog to the Vet with this sickness bug that seems to be spreading...£87.

Expensive end to January.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Carrot
Parsnip
Radishes
Blueberries
Onion
Tomato
Eggs
Bread
Peanut butter
Margarine
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

axel_knutt wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 11:56pm Carrot
Parsnip
Radishes
Blueberries
Onion
Tomato
Eggs
Bread
Peanut butter
Margarine
:lol:
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

Benz3ne wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 7:33am Have had a bit of a splurge recently. Should be getting, soon, the following:
• FSA Adventure Compact bars - 40cm tops with a 12* flare, so 46cm on the drops. Looking forward to installing these! They’ll have some new bar tape, some Cinelli pink cork that I have had kicking around for a while. My current bars, at 44cm on the tops, are a bit too wide for me. I’ve had 42cm previously and found them okay, but the width range between tops and hoods sounds nice to me. I’m not broad by any stretch of the imagination. :lol:
• a SRAM Rival 1 narrow-wide chainring, 42T. I’ve been dabbling with the idea of going 1x11 for a little while, and this one came up at a really good price, so I thought why not! I should still have a good commuting range, only really losing about 2 gears on a short descent at the beginning of my morning commute. As it’ll be going on my current cranks, it’ll be easy enough to revert if I decide it’s not for me! Eyes are peeled for a Rival 1 RD for the clutch mechanism, too. If I do find one/plumb for one, there’s plenty of scope to further the gearing range, if required.
• to accompany the above, some Truvativ single chainring bolts. Having a little research, they come up frequently as a good option, versus the swathe of brightly-coloured aluminium ones that litter the market.

All should be delivered this week, so that’s exciting!
All of these have since arrived and fitted, along with some pink Cinelli cork bartape I had kicking around. Rides just lovely with the 1x conversion.

I've since procured a new Giro Agilis (non-MIPS) helmet for a good price, following an eBay 20%-off sale. It fits like a dream and is far more comfortable and less cumbersome than my previous Halfords bargain-basement, passed-onto-me-because-it-was-too-small-for-my-fiance's-head helmet.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hearth rug, two pork chops, a calculator, six Sharon fruit and some apples, petrol for the car, and collected my prescription.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Mick F wrote: 7 Feb 2022, 1:26pm a calculator
? Don't all phones and tablets come equipped with them these days. I still have a scientific calculator tucked away in a drawer with a couple of slide rules. Rarely see the light of day nowadays unless I show them to the grandchildren as relics of a bygone era.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I have a solar powered Sony calculator on my desk, had it since the 70s. Excellent device. Theres one on my phone too but the desk one is always on.

Just bought 4 solar powered lights for our courtyard, annex, bins and outside the shed. Each has 240 leds and gives out a really good light. £30 for 4. As soon as you move within 15 feet they come on and stay on for 30 seconds after you depart or stop moving.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Two coffees and a cheese and onion pasty :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 7 Feb 2022, 5:38pm I have a solar powered Sony calculator on my desk, had it since the 70s. Excellent device. Theres one on my phone too but the desk one is always on.

Just bought 4 solar powered lights for our courtyard, annex, bins and outside the shed. Each has 240 leds and gives out a really good light. £30 for 4. As soon as you move within 15 feet they come on and stay on for 30 seconds after you depart or stop moving.

Al
Great job -- could do with some -- where did you buy?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Solar Iights...

【4 Pack】228 LED Solar Security... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Q345WCB? ... b_ap_share

Only 228 leds on each.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 7 Feb 2022, 7:16pm Solar Iights...

【4 Pack】228 LED Solar Security... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Q345WCB? ... b_ap_share

Only 228 leds on each.

Al
Lucks kwer an handy boy -- think I'll order a wheen. IP65 should stick the wind and rain up here.