What did you buy today?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Paradiddle

Re: What did you buy today?

Post by Paradiddle »

Couple of lights from Planet X as the days are getting shorter.

I had their Super Mini light less than a year before it broke and wouldn't switch on again. Thought about getting an Exposure Trace but couldn't justify the cost. So got 2 cheaper lights from Planet X for half the price. Hopefully they will last much longer this time.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Scott sport trail mens cycling shoes arrived today.

Overall impressions quite narrow but quite a bit of space in the toes.

Hope they are warmer the the mt3 shoes I brought which are full of holes.

Cheers James
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Paradiddle wrote: 1 Nov 2021, 11:52am Couple of lights from Planet X as the days are getting shorter.

I had their Super Mini light less than a year before it broke and wouldn't switch on again. Thought about getting an Exposure Trace but couldn't justify the cost. So got 2 cheaper lights from Planet X for half the price. Hopefully they will last much longer this time.
I stick with cateye -- my ampp400 flew down the road on that bad off in the summer and no damage whatsoever. -- I always keep to the ones that clip off so if going into shops I can slide them off and put them in my pocket + they're easier to charge.
I am here. Where are you?
Paradiddle

Post by Paradiddle »

Cowsham wrote: 1 Nov 2021, 4:27pm I stick with cateye -- my ampp400 flew down the road on that bad off in the summer and no damage whatsoever. -- I always keep to the ones that clip off so if going into shops I can slide them off and put them in my pocket + they're easier to charge.
I had considered that Cateye model as well. I quite like having my front light on a gopro mount under my Garmin though and there aren't that many options for that. At the moment I'm using a small torch with a gopro adapter.
hemo

Post by hemo »

Won an ebay auction for a little used boxed thermal label printer.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Rear seat cover for our Yaris to protect the seat from the doggie!
We have a cover, but it was a cheapo from Lidl's, but this one looks the bee's knees.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154078165521
Mick F. Cornwall
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

2 x Ambrosio Excellence rims:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Excellent rims. (pardon the sort of pun)
Have a pair (silver) on Mercian. 36h rear and 32h front.

Strong and tough, and very nicely made.
Mick F. Cornwall
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

After having my three bikes recently serviced, the mechanic advised me that all the rims were
wearing away fast (including some Wolber TX Profil that I bought in 1995). I purchased the
same Ambrosio rims for two of the bikes last week, when I mourned that fact that I couldn't
source NOS Dura Ace C24 7850 CL* rims for one bike, so those hubs will be sold off very soon.

*Advertised for the rims on this forum, also on yacf, bikeradar and cyclechat. The C24 rims
I bought from Corley Cycles and SJS were not the ones compatible with the hubs I have.
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

Have had a bit of a splurge recently. Should be getting, soon, the following:
• FSA Adventure Compact bars - 40cm tops with a 12* flare, so 46cm on the drops. Looking forward to installing these! They’ll have some new bar tape, some Cinelli pink cork that I have had kicking around for a while. My current bars, at 44cm on the tops, are a bit too wide for me. I’ve had 42cm previously and found them okay, but the width range between tops and hoods sounds nice to me. I’m not broad by any stretch of the imagination. :lol:
• a SRAM Rival 1 narrow-wide chainring, 42T. I’ve been dabbling with the idea of going 1x11 for a little while, and this one came up at a really good price, so I thought why not! I should still have a good commuting range, only really losing about 2 gears on a short descent at the beginning of my morning commute. As it’ll be going on my current cranks, it’ll be easy enough to revert if I decide it’s not for me! Eyes are peeled for a Rival 1 RD for the clutch mechanism, too. If I do find one/plumb for one, there’s plenty of scope to further the gearing range, if required.
• to accompany the above, some Truvativ single chainring bolts. Having a little research, they come up frequently as a good option, versus the swathe of brightly-coloured aluminium ones that litter the market.

All should be delivered this week, so that’s exciting!
puffin

Post by puffin »

Three Camelback Podium bottles from Merlin Cycles.
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

puffin wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 8:08am Three Camelback Podium bottles from Merlin Cycles.
Very nice - I've been tempted to get a couple myself, actually.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Two pairs of Ekoi's top-range summer shorts (list price 250€) at 60% off.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Seem to be replacing stuff I like these days --- my favorite nice an light power bank with built in micro USB lead for giving my phone an emergency charge up when out cycling got banjoed last week when a water bottle in my work bag leaked. Managed to find another new old stock one on line. Arrived today.

Along with a new cateye rear lamp to replace one I've had for 5 years that suddenly stopped working ( just wouldn't switch on ) -- no idea why. In the electronic scrap bin at work now.
I am here. Where are you?
puffin

Post by puffin »

Benz3ne wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 12:11pm
puffin wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 8:08am Three Camelback Podium bottles from Merlin Cycles.
Very nice - I've been tempted to get a couple myself, actually.
There are some on offer which was what attracted me

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/merlin ... pp-3875741