European bike express

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Astrobike

European bike express

Post by Astrobike »

Does any one now whats going on at Bike Express as there travel plans this year don't seem
realistic in the present circumstances , added to that there web site is all so down ?
Would be a shame if they stopped trading as I have used them several times and intended to use them again
in the future.
misterrea

Re: European bike express

Post by misterrea »

I was going with bike express this year and they have communicated well about the delays, everything is changing any holiday delayed. I think they are updating their customers when they can
beeb

European bike express

Post by beeb »

Running in 2022, but with quite a limited service and an overnight stay.

Unfortunately doesn't work for us, but might for some.
scribes

Post by scribes »

I enquired the other day and was told that a decision on what service would be provided could be expected in the next couple of weeks. We live 705 miles from Dover, so an extra overnight stop is all part of the holiday, which starts the moment we leave the house with the tandem safely stowed in the back of our van.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Eagerly waiting what will be available! Hope to cycle North - South Cross France in the autumn
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

RAB 2022 - BOOKINGS NOW OPEN!!!
2022 EBE Proposed Schedule is now out and sent via email...

https://www.bike-express.co.uk/Home

Sorry if this is already known.

Jonathan
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Jdsk wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 9:45pm RAB 2022 - BOOKINGS NOW OPEN!!!

Jonathan
Thanks for the link but only get the 2020 schedule.
Can you help me out?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

This is the email they sent out 17 Nov 21:

EUROPEAN BIKE EXPRESS SUMMER 2022 PROGRAMME
We trust we find you all safe and well. After what seems an eternity, we feel the time is right to operate a reduced programme in 2022.

During the break we have unfortunately lost drivers to advancing years. Given that there are very few drivers qualified to drive our unique coach and trailer combinations, we have decided to take an overnight break on both the outward and return journeys to reduce driver requirements.

Our overnight breaks will be taken at St. Witz, on the north side of Paris offering a variety of hotels including Premier Classe, B & B Hotels, F1, Campanile etc. Your bikes will remain on the trailer which will be parked in a secure compound. You will need to separately book your overnight accommodation for both the outward and /or return journey.

For 2022 we will only be operating our Med A route between Leeds and Montpellier with one departure in late August running through to Rosas in Spain to accommodate those wishing to stay at the Hotel Marian Platja. The timetable is outlined as follows: -

OUTWARD FROM THE UK ROUTE RETURN FROM EUROPE ROUTE
Wednesday 11th May MED A* Sunday 22nd May MED A***
Thursday 19th May MED A* Sunday 29th May MED A***
Thursday 26th May MED A* Tuesday 7th June MED A***
Friday 19th August MED A EXPRESS/FIXED BASED HOLIDAYS** Monday 29th August MED A EXPRESS/FIXED BASED HOLIDAYS****

MED A* Leeds to Montpellier
MED A** Leeds to Rosas (limited drops at Orange, Montpellier and Narbonne)
MED A*** Montpellier to Leeds
MED A**** Rosas to Leeds (limited pick ups at Narbonne, Montpellier and Orange)

Fares
Single - £189 per person
Return - £339 per person

Fixed Based Holiday Hotel Marian Platja (Half Board) for 9 nights - £950

If you are interested in any of the departures outlined, please email us with your requirements. We will then contact you to make a booking.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard once again in 2022.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

matt2matt2002 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:39pm
Jdsk wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 9:45pm RAB 2022 - BOOKINGS NOW OPEN!!!

Thanks for the link but only get the 2020 schedule.
Can you help me out?
I didn't find anything new on the website, only the headline asking for contact by email. And see post above.

Please could someone email them and then tell us if there is any more information available since November.

Thanks

Jonathan
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

I have emailed them, was looking to use them in September, but that list of departures looks pretty limited!
PH

Post by PH »

Chris Jeggo wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 2:32am we have decided to take an overnight break on both the outward and return journeys to reduce driver requirements.
I haven't heard anything since November either, though I've lost interest. The overnight stop has taken it off my list of options, for me it makes it less convenient and adds considerable cost.
pwa

Post by pwa »

I get the feeling that this is a business winding down to closure. When I used them some years ago the coaches were very tired and I wondered if they were just going to continue until the coaches stopped working. I suspect that they are not in a position to do the investment in new coaches that long term survival would require. Anyone know anything to the contrary?
Astrobike

Post by Astrobike »

Last time I travelled with Bike express 2019 they had 2 new coaches new to them that is, I preferred the
Old coach s more room and comfier, I agree that they are struggling at present but wish them well as
I have travelled with them on several occasions and would do so again but not with 2 stops in Paris .
Their demise would be a great loss for cyclist in this country wanting an easy option for travel to France
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

I got an email reply as below

"We are not doing any routes in September as we are busy with events that have been delayed over the last two years.
I attach the tours that we are doing."

I asked I they were going to offer more next year , response:

"We hope to yes."

Not having much success attaching the pdf they sent!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks for doing that and letting us know.

Jonathan

PS: I'll put up the pdf if you can't crack it. : -)