A weird craving after a long day on the saddle?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
SimonCelsa

Re: A weird craving after a long day on the saddle?

Post by SimonCelsa »

Jamesh wrote: 1 Jan 2022, 10:24pm
That's on my to do list next summer 260 miles Bradford to verwood Dorset in a day!!
Ah but 'to do' lists take no effort, let us know when it's on your 'done' list!! :wink: :wink:

My best was a 600K audax within the prescribed time limits which I believe was 40 hours. It's nice to have completed it but I wouldn't make a habit of it!

Anyways, best of luck on all and any intrepid future trips, whether challenging or more mundane.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I just don't fancy it with 8 -4 daylight hours ATM!!

Funny thing is when I put in Baildon - Verwood in Google car and bike gives me 265 miles approx.

However putting walking in gives me 235 miles on what looks like roads. So 235 looks more reasonable.

If anyone has another routing app and wants to try I'm all ears!

Cheers James
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I just don't fancy it with 8 -4 daylight hours ATM!!
And that's a sensible approach imo, even with recent unseasonal warm temperatures. A recent significant illustration was the recent successful attempt on the RRA Edinburgh - London record by Michael Broadwith, surely one of the most experienced long distance riders ever. He narrowly broke the record in spite of riding in the dark at both ends of his magnificent effort. And the rest of us can't rely on well wishers turning out to cheer.