Djokovic Yes Or No - Will Be, Not Should Be?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Djokovic Will be deported?

Poll ended at 10 Jan 2022, 6:27pm

Yes Djokovic Will be deported.
45%
No Djokovic Will Not be deported.
55%

Total votes: 11

NATURAL ANKLING

Djokovic Yes Or No - Will Be, Not Should Be?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Not whether you think he should be deported.
But what the outcome is likely to be tomorrow, I'm not sure exactly when it's due.
I think a few hours so get in quick :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Psamathe

Re: Djokovic Yes Or No - Will Be, Not Should Be?

Post by Psamathe »

To make such a prediction you'd need a fairly detailed knowledge of the Australian visa rules, entry requirements (current), exception process, what status documents from different authorities might have, etc.

I have an opinion on "whether or not he should be deported" but no idea how the Australian rules, courts, etc.

Ian
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I understand what you're saying.
But I'm only asking the question what's going to happen not that we understand in the workings or what we think is morally correct.
If I asked you for your opinion what you think is correct or what might be correct, the comments could go on for a long time :)
Or just die of death as you've only got a short time at the vote anyway.

My opinion of course is that he should be deported, As per the law.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Considering it seems to be clear that Djokovic was active* and not isolating as per Serbian rules when he is claiming to have been positive, I think his wicket is looking increasingly sticky.

As to whether he'll be deported, no idea.

*Photo shoot and interview, and others, seen on self-published social media
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Bonefishblues wrote: 9 Jan 2022, 6:58pm Considering it seems to be clear that Djokovic was active* and not isolating as per Serbian rules when he is claiming to have been positive, I think his wicket is looking increasingly sticky.

As to whether he'll be deported, no idea.

*Photo shoot and interview, and others, seen on self-published social media
Just seen that on C4 News - a group photo apparently taken a day after his allegedly positive test
https://news.sky.com/story/novak-djokovic-pictured-with-young-players-the-day-after-lawyers-say-he-tested-positive-for-covid-12511669 wrote:Novak Djokovic pictured with young players the day after lawyers say he tested positive for COVID
Even if he hadn't had the test results, one must assume he had symptoms which prompted getting tested, so with symptoms what was he doing is a closely packed group!

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Plus I always understood that having a visa (even a valid) one never guarantees you entry at the border - they can think your shoes are not clean enough and no entry! (And I've been thrown out of a border post before for talking too loudly).

Ian
slowster

Post by slowster »

Latest date for submission of requests to Tennis Australia for vaccination exemption for the Australian Open - 10th December

Date of Djokovic's positive test used as the basis of claiming exemption - 16th December
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Can someone please tell me why the hell has this got any interest for us. The BBC is obsessed with sport, most of us are totally disinterested. Load of crap...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jules59

Post by Jules59 »

al_yrpal wrote: 9 Jan 2022, 10:11pm Can someone please tell me why the hell has this got any interest for us. The BBC is obsessed with sport, most of us are totally disinterested. Load of crap...

Al
Maybe its more about the money.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
al_yrpal wrote: 9 Jan 2022, 10:11pm Can someone please tell me why the hell has this got any interest for us. The BBC is obsessed with sport, most of us are totally disinterested. Load of crap...

Al
That's why its in the tea shop :)
Sorry to wake you up :P
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
And a little more traffic just than "use by " :mrgreen:
Mike_Ayling

Post by Mike_Ayling »

Al
OK there is a cricket match in Hobart Tasmania starting on Friday.
I understand that the Australian cricket authorities have selected the Vision Australia (aka the Blind School) second 11 to play the Poms!
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Did they also give Djokovich is vaccination exemption for the visa? I hate tennis but even I knew Djokovich is anti vaccination and shouldn't be allowed into Australia which is a country with very strict approach to covid. Them letting him in is such a stupid idea. If I was Australian I'd be totally annoyed with the authorities if they did.

BTW let's remember there were native born Australian citizens who were stuck outside of Australia and unable to get home because of their country's covid related entry conditions for a long time. Yet that foreign national anti vaxxer nearly got a free pass! Jeez! New government time I'd be thinking.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Al
I rarely totally agree with you :D but you're spot on with this post!
Let the tennis lovers onslaught begin.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

So he's in, having won his appeal, because they didn't follow their own procedures.