Djokovic Yes Or No - Will Be, Not Should Be?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Djokovic Will be deported?

Poll ended at 10 Jan 2022, 6:27pm

Yes Djokovic Will be deported.
45%
No Djokovic Will Not be deported.
55%

Total votes: 11

Psamathe

Re: Djokovic Yes Or No - Will Be, Not Should Be?

Post by Psamathe »

The mystery deepens as significant questions arrise:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-covid-test-australian-open-b1991322.html wrote:The validity of Novak Djokovic’s positive Covid test continues to come under scrutiny after an investigation suggested the test was returned 10 days after originally claimed.

German newspaper Der Spiegel alleged that their analysis of the digital version of the test showed a timestamp from the 26 December.

However Der Spiegel have also claimed that the digital test showed a negative result for some time, though a scan of the QR code does now show a Covid positive.
So QR shows negative result for some time then magically changes to positive!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17292019/novak-djokovic-negative-test-result-australia/ wrote:NOVAK Djokovic has come under fire about his Covid status after the QR code linked to his test allegedly showed a negative result.

The tennis ace says he tested positive for Covid on December 16 in documentation submitted to Aussie Border Force officials.

Additionally serial numbering issues emerge
https://www.bbc.com/news/59999541 wrote:However, the serial number on his test on 16 December appears out of sequence with a sample of tests from Serbia over this period gathered by the BBC.
It is also higher than for his second (negative) test result from six days later.
A German research group called Zerforschung first picked up on the discrepancy that the earlier test had a higher confirmation code than the later one.

Which does seem to raise major questions as to whether these test results are real of if somebody has been forging results for getting round immigration laws.

Ian
toontra

Post by toontra »

I wouldn't believe a word Djokovic says. He's an arrogant prat and has known sympathies with the Serbian far-right and convicted war criminals. That's enough information for me to make a judgement of the man's character.

His "supporters" who rampaged through the streets in Australia were not your average tennis fans. They were chanting nationalist slogans and waving far-right banners.

And this is at a time when Serbian militias and mercenaries are traveling to the Ukrainian border to fight with the Russians if the need arises.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

I've just looked at the Poll Results:

Yes Djokovic Will be deported. 5 45%
No Djokovic Will Not be deported. 6 55%

So CUK crowdsourcing is not a good method for predicting legal process :P
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

That's based on eleven votes.

Perhaps threads with a poll should be rationed. eg One a year per member absolute max
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
mattheus wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 3:00pm I've just looked at the Poll Results:

Yes Djokovic Will be deported. 5 45%
No Djokovic Will Not be deported. 6 55%

So CUK crowdsourcing is not a good method for predicting legal process :P
What will happen, not what should happen!

I voted OUT.

I like his play, and tennis is good for his inclusion................BUT...........................showing true colours ...........................he will survive I am sure.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

toontra wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 2:11pm I wouldn't believe a word Djokovic says. He's an arrogant prat and has known sympathies with the Serbian far-right and convicted war criminals. That's enough information for me to make a judgement of the man's character.

His "supporters" who rampaged through the streets in Australia were not your average tennis fans. They were chanting nationalist slogans and waving far-right banners.

And this is at a time when Serbian militias and mercenaries are traveling to the Ukrainian border to fight with the Russians if the need arises.
I had no idea :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novak_Djokovic#Views_on_diet,_medicine_and_science wrote:In his 2013 autobiography, Serve to Win, he wrote of a "researcher" who directed "anger, fear, hostility" at a glass of water, which turned "slightly green" after a few days, while also directing "love, joy" at another glass of water, which remained "bright and crystal clear" in the same period.[398][493] In 2020, Djokovic spoke of his knowledge of "some people" using "prayer" and "gratitude" to "turn the most toxic food, or maybe most polluted water into the most healing water." He also said that "scientists [have] proven" that "molecules in the water react to our emotions" and speech.[494][495] Such claims are scientifically dubious.
Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I still think it's ironic that his first name is No Vacc. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 3:54pm I still think it's ironic that his first name is No Vacc. :lol:
My post on Page 4 :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"Novak Djokovic will not be allowed to compete at the Indian Wells and Miami ATP Masters 1000 tournaments this month after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention definitively ruled that he cannot enter the United States while he remains unvaccinated from Covid-19."
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... to-us-trip

Jonathan
horizon

Post by horizon »

Jdsk wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 8:24am "Novak Djokovic will not be allowed to compete at the Indian Wells and Miami ATP Masters 1000 tournaments this month after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention definitively ruled that he cannot enter the United States while he remains unvaccinated from Covid-19."
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... to-us-trip

Jonathan
Jonathan, do you have a view on this?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher