No Water

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

No Water

Post by Mick F »

We ain't got no water! :cry:

The whole village is out too. Went off yesterday evening due to a major fault, and we're unlikely to get the water back for the rest of the day.

Managing without electricity is easier IMHO than being without water.
Flushing the loo is problematical of course.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.59.17.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 10.59.49.png
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Re: No Water

Post by al_yrpal »

We had that once. In the middle of a field about a mile away there was a 10 foot waterspout from the fractured main. Huge piles of bottled water appeared all around the village on street corners.

Here, if it happened we could get buckets from our pond

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

They should bring bottled water out to you Mick F, there should be bowsers in the village. Sometimes they connect a tanker up to the mains if possible. Sounds like a burst main or a booster station is out of action.
Have you got some beer in case you get thirsty?
rjb

Post by rjb »

Are they not providing bottled water for you? You will have to collect water from the river for flushing.
Few tips from a running thread on showers. :lol:. viewtopic.php?t=149457
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
pwa

Post by pwa »

Any water butts outside with collected rainwater? That could allow a few flushes of the loo.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Last edited by Jdsk on 21 Jan 2022, 2:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I had the same a month (or so) ago. No bottled water. Went off about 9:00am and took them until 23:00 to get it fixed. No bottled water, no help.

Ian
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

The only time I recall being without water was at Cockermouth YHA. The board had been out working in the lane all day, and by the time they'd filled in and gone home they'd reconnected all the houses but forgotten the hostel. They were out there until 21:30 digging it all back out again to reconnect. :lol:

They've been trying to fix a gas leak here for nearly two years, it's a good job they haven't had to turn the gas off for all that time.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

Pubs have plenty to drink AND toilets..... :wink:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

No help, no info, no idea.
Took the doggie a walk ............ I'd planned on a bike ride, but it was minus one even at noon.
Called in at the pub, only to find it closed, and by all accounts other pubs and cafes are closed in the area as well due to lack of toilets and hand-washing. They can't sell coffee and tea either.

Still no water and it's nearly 2pm.
Water off late last evening - 22:00? and still not back 16hrs later.

Mrs Mick F was out in the car this morning, and called it at Tesco to buy bottled water. We had to defrost the igloo car before she could drive it.

Unwilling to light the fire as we've been using hot water to wash last night's dishes, and used the water as well as a bucket-full of hot water to flush the loo today. Although we have a loft tank, we don't know how long this situation is going to last for, and having a fire with a back boiler could easily boil the remaining water in the immersion tank.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Remember that water saving mantra "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Well let's hope Mick F gets his water back on soon.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Still not back on.
Southwest Water have delivered six 2ltr bottles of water to households .......... including us.

SWW missive:
Update at 14:00, Friday 21 January 2022

We’d like to apologise to customers in Gunnislake who have been experiencing issues with their water supply today.

Our teams have been working hard throughout the night and today and have carried out a repair which they hope will restore full supplies. We will continue to investigate and monitor closely.

We are pleased to see that water is returning to the network and anticipate pressure to improve this afternoon.

We are also delivering bottled water to all vulnerable customers in the area.

We would like to thank customers for their patience and understanding while we work to restore supplies as quickly as possible.
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

12 litres of water from a multimillion pound company!! They sold Viridor waste company 2 years ago for 4.2billion pounds, complain to Susan Davy the ceo and request a refund for the water you had to purchase.
Shocking service.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Jdsk wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 11:36am.
.-
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.