Wordle

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Paulatic

Re: Wordle

Post by Paulatic »

Jdsk wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 7:55pm
Mick F wrote: 5 Feb 2022, 9:54amWe have an African Grey parrot...
Jonathan
Ah , but that one doesn’t come up as first hit when asking Google what animal has 3 a's.
I suspect grandson's absence in 'deep thought' might have been time well spent. :wink:
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Paulatic wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 8:41pm
Jdsk wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 7:55pm
Mick F wrote: 5 Feb 2022, 9:54amWe have an African Grey parrot...
Ah , but that one doesn’t come up as first hit when asking Google what animal has 3 a's.
I suspect grandson's absence in 'deep thought' might have been time well spent.
It's just occurred to me that there are three a's in every animal's name.

Jonathan
Ray

Post by Ray »

Jdsk wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 8:53pm [

Jonathan
And four in all animals’ names.

But we digress … 😀
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
rjb

Post by rjb »

Ray wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 9:44pm
Jdsk wrote: 28 Jun 2022, 8:53pm [

Jonathan
And four in all animals’ names.

But we digress … 😀
But only one eye so they must all be Cyclops. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
camperman83

Post by camperman83 »

Wordle and Heardle are my go to games to play right after midnight when it refreshes :mrgreen:
rjb

Post by rjb »

Mine are wordle and nerdle (the number game). Played after breakfast. :D
https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
https://nerdlegame.com
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
rjb

Post by rjb »

simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I'm in the middle of a phase of doing Wordle first thing, but I'm still unconvinced of its entertainment value. Rows 1 & 2 are essentially just guesses, and thereafter it's usually just a question of thinking about possible letter combinations. There's no real challenge - it just passes the time over the first cuppa!
my Wordle stat.s
my Wordle stat.s
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

simonineaston wrote: 25 Jul 2023, 9:49am I'm in the middle of a phase of doing Wordle first thing, but I'm still unconvinced of its entertainment value. Rows 1 & 2 are essentially just guesses, and thereafter it's usually just a question of thinking about possible letter combinations. There's no real challenge - it just passes the time over the first cuppa!
How about escalating to Octordle?

Jonathan
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Is that something to do with cephalopod poo?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

How many tickles do you need to make an octopus laugh?

Jonathan

PS: Pedant trap ON.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Jdsk wrote: 25 Jul 2023, 10:15am How many tickles do you need to make an octopus laugh?

Jonathan

PS: Pedant trap ON.
I see where you are trying to lead us 🤣

Let me just say that many years ago, in a former life, I taught in a primary school. I came across this wonderful statement from a girl aged about 7 or 8: "Octopuses are very dangerous. They have eight testicles and form a great hazard to mermaids."
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
rjb

Post by rjb »

Vorpal wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 1:02pm
Ray wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 2:32pm I only noticed this morning that there is a 'Hard Mode' in Settings, which states: "Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses" - which is what I'd been assuming all along! The default appears to be 'Easy Mode". This made me re-think, and I used the easy cop-out to advantage in today's Wordle when I'd drawn a lot of blanks in my first couple of attempts. Must admit, though, it felt a bit like cheating!
Sometimes, if I get a single yellow letter, especially if it's common, like E or S, I will do a word without it to see if I can identify other letters. AUDIO is one I use a lot because it has all the other vowels, except 'Y'.

gaz wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 6:22pm Enjoying wordle, particularly because it is limited to one a day.
unless you https://www.wordleunlimited.com/
:shock:

Any tips for the 3.10 at Ascot. :D
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Well, today was possibly the most unsatisfying round of wordle ever.

The word is one that I’m sure a very high proportion of people use as a ‘start word’, I certainly do, so the whole thing was over in a flash.