10 Miles per Day 2022

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Dingdong

Re: 10 Miles per Day 2022

Post by Dingdong »

Tiggertoo wrote: 6 May 2022, 3:14pm
Dingdong wrote: 6 May 2022, 9:17am Put my first 80 miler in last Sunday and I'm feeling great today. My aim this year is to lose 10lbs and get back into the denims I wore when in was 25.
I'm probably about a third of the way there already 8)
Does that mean a third of you is now in the denims? I am wondering what third that might be. :P

I am holding steady at 100 miles a week, but not a lot of climbing in these routes - maybe 2,000 feet. I need to ramp that up but temps are now hitting 90F, so necessitating early morning rides don't allow for much above those miles.
Only the best third.. !
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

I have to say that putting on weight is a good deal easier than taking it off. You have to give up all pastries, sweets, chocolates and only reasonable pieces of bread. It's the end of life as we knew it.

60 miles today and 92F. Much too hot! If this goes on - and the forecast says it will get much hotter - 98F this weekend - I will have to do my rides during the night.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Personally speaking, I don't give up anything when trying to lose weight. I just eat less of the things that I know are highly calorific, and more of the things which are very low calorie: green vegetables, cauliflower, fish and white meat. I can lose a stone quite easily in a month. My secret is not to eat after 6pm on the days I'm putting in the miles, and to water fast all the way into the next day around 10am. That's 16 hours where the body has absolutely no choice but to metabolise body fat as it's only source of fuel. I try to weigh myself only once a week, any more than that and you just get disillusioned.

Try it, I guarantee you'll be surprised at the results!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Dingdong wrote: 8 May 2022, 4:11pmI just eat less of the things that I know are highly calorific, and more of the things which are very low calorie: green vegetables, cauliflower, fish and white meat.
White meat isn't "very low" in food energy/mass. "Fish" includes a big range.

Jonathan
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Jdsk wrote: 8 May 2022, 4:31pm
Dingdong wrote: 8 May 2022, 4:11pmI just eat less of the things that I know are highly calorific, and more of the things which are very low calorie: green vegetables, cauliflower, fish and white meat.
White meat isn't "very low" in food energy/mass. "Fish" includes a big range.

Jonathan
It's a lot less than any processed meat. Which is best avoided.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Also almost any kind of fish will do me for weight reduction
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Up to 12 miles a day for last ten weeks :)
Over 14 / day for the last month.
Managed to venture up on to dart moor last friday evening, a short run flat out with a tailwind and numb below the waist, stupid descending back to flat lands as it was dark, and struggled home.
3h 20 mins and despite taking two water bottles did not drink a drop :? (to chilly) and stopped for about ten seconds to tighten my lid, one kilo light after ride. Cadence was up to 50.............avg........ :P
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

Tiggertoo wrote: 7 May 2022, 1:28am I have to say that putting on weight is a good deal easier than taking it off. You have to give up all pastries, sweets, chocolates and only reasonable pieces of bread. It's the end of life as we knew it.

60 miles today and 92F. Much too hot! If this goes on - and the forecast says it will get much hotter - 98F this weekend - I will have to do my rides during the night.
Nice for some - I can't put on weight for the life of me. I'm eating a ludicrous amount these days (including crappy food), but with 2x 6.5-7mi commute rides per day, sometimes longer in the morning if I have time on my hands, my metabolism has been turned up to 11.
Currently weighing around the 59kg mark at around 5'11"...
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Unless you have a medical condition?
Then it's probably just your habit which means you can't put on weight, I'm not criticising just saying that when they have the programs on TV, people couldn't lose weight and people couldn't put weight on, the ones who couldn't put weight on just had to change their eating habits, same said for people who can't lose weight.

It would be interesting to hear exactly what you eat?
I'm quite happy to say what I eat and my weight is stable although I could probably do with losing a stone like everybody else.

When I've been doing 12 and 24 hour endurance ride on my own I couldn't eat enough on the bike and had to stop and stuff my face full 10 to 15 minutes before I can carry on because I was using too much energy.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

59Kg is 130lbs in real money, so that is almost anorexic! Actually, rather like pro racers, so you are down there with the best. :P
With a recent headline saying half of all Brits are obese (which means the rest must be getting there), being so light must set you apart. Not a bad way to be, really. Keep it down! :lol:
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

Tiggertoo wrote: 20 May 2022, 3:35pm
59Kg is 130lbs in real money, so that is almost anorexic! Actually, rather like pro racers, so you are down there with the best. :P
With a recent headline saying half of all Brits are obese (which means the rest must be getting there), being so light must set you apart. Not a bad way to be, really. Keep it down! :lol:
I'm trying to put on a little bit but I'm not concerned about my weight. I'm healthy enough and get to eat what I want without repercussion so that's nice! :D
Not sure I appreciate the 'almost anorexic' comment on the other hand... :lol:
David2504

Post by David2504 »

Benz3ne wrote: 24 May 2022, 8:42am
I'm trying to put on a little bit but I'm not concerned about my weight. I'm healthy enough and get to eat what I want without repercussion so that's nice! :D
That’s a BMI of around 18. You must be virtually skeletal. I thought I was skinny, as do my friends and family at 1.86M and 69K, a BMI of 20.
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

David2504 wrote: 26 May 2022, 8:22am
That’s a BMI of around 18. You must be virtually skeletal. I thought I was skinny, as do my friends and family at 1.86M and 69K, a BMI of 20.
I'm skinny but not 'skeletal'. I do need to put on a little weight but I'm not unhealthy imo.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Benz3ne wrote: 26 May 2022, 9:34am

I'm skinny but not 'skeletal'. I do need to put on a little weight but I'm not unhealthy imo.
Well you can have some of my kg if you want! i'm 5'10" and the last time i was as light as you i was about 12! I weigh @ 87kg atm give or take, my skinny racing weight was 76kg and i looked a rake at that. I'd prefer to be closer to 80kg but even riding quite briskly for a couple of hundred miles every week doesn't make any real impact even if i starve myself.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Benz3ne

Post by Benz3ne »

foxyrider wrote: 26 May 2022, 7:03pm
Benz3ne wrote: 26 May 2022, 9:34am

Well you can have some of my kg if you want! i'm 5'10" and the last time i was as light as you i was about 12! I weigh @ 87kg atm give or take, my skinny racing weight was 76kg and i looked a rake at that. I'd prefer to be closer to 80kg but even riding quite briskly for a couple of hundred miles every week doesn't make any real impact even if i starve myself.
Interesting! I've always been slim. The most I've weighed is when I was playing rugby and going to the gym during university. I was just shy of 70kg but had an 85kg bench, 105kg squat and 140kg deadlift...