PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT

pga

Re: PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT

Post by pga »

Tganks once again form your comments. I am now at a crossroads. I had a second meeting with the cancer doctor taking along my wife and daughter. Pressed about the radiotherapy the doctor did say that the option remained open but that there was a 1 to 9 per cent of a more or less bladder failure and that if I wanted to go ahead with radiotherapy I would need to make a decision asap. My next appointment is on 14 June. He also agreed to me having a second opinion but I await the appointment.

I have also arranged to have counselling. Since the injection I am finding cycling much harder and my moods swing up and down.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Sounds like you're going through the mill a bit - I wish you all the best & hope it come out OK for you.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

I am not a Doctor and can not comment.It might help for other comments if you were to say how it was diagnosed.Was it a PSA test?
You could try a different Doctor.Also sometimes full blown cancers develop so late that they are not a problem.What I would say is Doctors are in short supply and overstretched.They are limited to a few minutes.They do not like the system either.