I'm out.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

I'm out.

Post by Mick F »

Mick F wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 4:30pm I'm out of this forum. I've had enough.

Give me a month. and I may return.
Mick F. Cornwall
Carlton green

Re: I'm out.

Post by Carlton green »

I’m sorry to and rather surprised to hear that, hopefully whatever has upset you will be quickly resolved. Sad to say the forum does loose good voices from time to time.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Carlton green wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 4:39pm I’m sorry to and rather surprised to hear that, hopefully whatever has upset you will be quickly resolved. Sad to say the forum does loose good voices from time to time.
I’m surprised you’re surprised and haven’t seen it coming.
It had to end by walking away or being extremely rude without being polite as I see it.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
pwa

Post by pwa »

Sorry to see you go. I hope we hear from you again, but if not, all the best.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Paulatic wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 4:45pm
Carlton green wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 4:39pm I’m sorry to and rather surprised to hear that, hopefully whatever has upset you will be quickly resolved. Sad to say the forum does loose good voices from time to time.
I’m surprised you’re surprised and haven’t seen it coming.
It had to end by walking away or being extremely rude without being polite as I see it.
Perhaps you might care to expand on things please. I’ve read through Mick’s recent posts and found nothing contentious there, and even if there was Mick’s the sort of chap who separates his much appreciated spam buster work, etc., from his own opinions. To be honest I don’t follow every thread and folk are entitled to their own views and opinions. IME Mick’s not the sort to deliberately offend, but maybe someone pushed his buttons ... or just had to be right. Whatever, the decent thing to do is to cut him some slack and be thankful for all that he has done here (much of which ordinary members can’t see ‘cause it never reaches their screens).
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

Paulatic wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 4:45pmI’m surprised you’re surprised and haven’t seen it coming.
Agreed. However, even though I've made it my business to call out the nonsense that's been going on within this forum when it's affected me, I've found that almost nobody else will do likewise. I've considered raising this with Cycling UK, but you can't fight someone else's battle for them if they don't want you to. Best to just accept that forum shenanigans are of such negligible importance that it doesn't warrant wasting any time on.
sjs

Post by sjs »

Sorry to see this Mick. I hope to see you back sometime, and meanwhile, all the best.
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

Your more than welcome on CycleChat, even more so if you join the retirment section
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

We'll miss you, Mick, but just see how you feel. If you get to the point where you're only doing something because it's a habit then I guess it's time to give it a rest, at least for a while (same goes for me and the computer, tbh). If it's beneficial to you and you miss it, you'll be back, but if not, you won't. We'll still miss you, though.

I'm thinking in your case it might be something to do with the fact that the forum isn't the same without Brucey, sadly - maybe there just isn't enough in it for you now, but we all miss him.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Oh Gosh... as a fellow Moulton rider, I wish you all the best and look forward to your return.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
peetee

Post by peetee »

I will miss your contribution Mick. I know I have aimed a few light-hearted quips in your direction and I hope they were not taken the wrong way and contributed to your decision.
:(
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hi guys, and thank you for all your kind words.
This is my last and final post on the forum for a few weeks, maybe longer.

I’ve been on the forum since (I think) 2004. The forum has undergone three resurrections in that time, and I think that there’s only two or three people left on here that go back as far.

The place has changed .......... and why should it not? It’s not as fun as it used to be, and I’ve got tired of it. Too much politics, too much back-biting, too many reports and complaints to the mods .................... and talking of which, we need more moderatos. Vorpal just about runs the whole show now. I do/did my best with ridding the spam and there’s a steady trickle of new joiners to approve or disapprove that I do/did take care of.

Note that my OP was a quote.
It has been truncated a tad, but I posted the original on Moderator Chat.

Bye by folks. Give me a few weeks.
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks for all the work on spam and user management.

Jonathan
sjs

Post by sjs »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Apr 2022, 6:36pm Thanks for all the work on spam and user management.

Jonathan
And being opinionated and funny, without ever being offensive, even when provoked.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Hey, hope you enjoy the bike! Best time of the years coming up, it's all that matters (Nb. And thanks for thanking Vorpal)