I'm out.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: I'm out.

Post by Jdsk »

Psamathe wrote: 2 May 2022, 4:09pmI'm currently on the verge of doing what you did ...
I hope not.

Jonathan
sjs

Post by sjs »

Psamathe wrote: 2 May 2022, 4:09pm
Mick F wrote: 2 May 2022, 3:25pm I'm back.
Keeping you lot at arm's length for now.

Cut me some slack, and let me get my act together.
Welcome back but ... forum is not the same as when you departed (not that long ago). Several trolls have appeared (and one disappeared). I'm currently on the verge of doing what you did ...

One moment I think "this [the forum] is just getting stupid" next minute "maybe they'll lose interest and depart ..."

Ian
I hadn't noticed any disappearances. A couple of new ones have certainly appeared. Or possibly old ones under new names.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

:D :D :D
Have we got time for another cuppa?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote: 2 May 2022, 4:43pm
Psamathe wrote: 2 May 2022, 4:09pmI'm currently on the verge of doing what you did ...
I hope not.

Jonathan
+1
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Its not been a month yet! Obviously a glutton for punishment!
I have gained 4 stents and 2 ducks on our pond who constantly require feeding. I have to go in for more stents in a couple of weeks hoping that will turn me into Iron Man :wink:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 2 May 2022, 5:09pm Its not been a month yet! Obviously a glutton for punishment!
I have gained 4 stents and 2 ducks on our pond who constantly require feeding. I have to go in for more stents in a couple of weeks hoping that will turn me into Iron Man :wink:

Al
You've managed to get hold of a plumber then. -- puts everything into perspective there Al.
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Great to have you back you daft old fruit. :)
I am here. Where are you?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:D

Nowt daft about me, but I am rather obsessive and have missed you lot.
It's done me good being away.

Don't expect the same service from me.
Arm's length please .............. or pedantically, is it arms length, or even ams' length?
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 2 May 2022, 8:59pmArm's length please .............. or pedantically, is it arms length, or even ams' length?
it's arm's length: separated by the length of one arm.

Jonathan
rjb

Post by rjb »

al_yrpal wrote: 2 May 2022, 5:09pm Its not been a month yet! Obviously a glutton for punishment!

Al
Glad they are looking after you Al, they'll have you back on the bike soon enough by all accounts. Best wishes. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Time out is good. As is other interests. If this place gets me down I just do other things for awhile. It feels good to get away from the nit-picking and competitive debating tendencies from time to time. However like a glutton for punishment I keep coming back. Often with a calmer outlook and tendency to agree with people I am politically separate from!

Look at it like a sabbatical not an absence.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Mick F wrote: 2 May 2022, 8:59pm :D

Arm's length please .............. or pedantically, is it arms length, or even ams' length?
Welcome back Mick.
Arm or arm's length, it doesn't matter, all of your contributions are welcome.
I hope what or who upset you doesn't get to you again.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

I suggest taking a sabbatical.Moderators when welcoming newbies on other forums often warn one needs a robustness and a sense of humour. The Cycling UK forum is consistently rated as one of the best and most popular.Certainly on the technical it is A1 content.Also it tends to the more sensible and reasonable.However people have noted on serious political sites (not this one .Cycling UK Forum is ok) that there is a increased trending by a minority to deliberately post spam or stupid posts.This is with the intent of making sure one (= their)political view prevail.Those guys really hammer.The fun on those is hammering back.
IAlso in summer in good cycling weather it may seem a good idea.In winter when its dark and cold its good to chat - about everything.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

ps I am just back from a ride out with my mates in my cycling club.
Sally has a solution.Be sneaky.You have "resigned".
Wait 2 weeks. Then come back with a new username .That way you do not lose the excellent access to technical threads etc
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Mick F wrote: 2 May 2022, 8:59pm :D

Arm's length please - I'm not a hugger person. :wink:
You'll never know if you don't try it.