Better brake blocks.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
531colin

Re: Better brake blocks.

Post by 531colin »

!!!!!!! DISSENT !!!!!

FOR GOODNESS SAKE THIS IS SOMEBODY TELLING US THEIR BRAKES DON'T WORK, AS CLEAR AS DAY.
Vetus Ossa wrote: 8 May 2022, 3:50pm.......... there was no space for the usual bracket on the headset and this seemed like a simple solution...........
I have to admit the alterations have made a vast difference, and it actually does slow the bike down now. It may be as good as it gets, I have no basis for comparison as I have been using shimano hydraulic discs on my most used bike for the last five years and it will never match the stopping power of them will it.
I am ready to try going down under the bridge soon, the one where the lorry got stuck a few months ago, but will pick a quiet time as I want to be reasonably sure I can stop if a car is coming towards me.
Properly set up cantis; on the back will lock the back wheel, on the front will tip you over the bars.
What else will your hydraulic discs do?

get an uphanger https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m7b0s101p18 ... ver-Brakes
I used to have one knocking about, don't remember seeing it for a bit....you can have it if you can find it. can't remember why i bought it anyway.

Fit an old fashioned straddle bridge with a separate straddle wire and SET THE BRAKES UP PROPERLY as viewtopic.php?t=57410
531colin

Re: Better brake blocks.

Post by 531colin »

Found that uphanger.....I had put it in the box of brake bits.....I should write to the Pope and claim it for a miracle.
Even a 6mm bolt and a barrel adjuster to go with it.....PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post.