Hotel in Penzance/Longrock

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Tiggertoo

Re: Hotel in Penzance/Longrock

Post by Tiggertoo »

I'm hoping I can find a cafe or a food stand close by my route for an early morning breakfast on departure day. One does need a good breakfast before embarking on a long ride and the hotel doesn't serve breakfast until 8 - so the search will be on. 8)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Not sure you'll find much pre 08.00 - although I'm guessing the Premier Inn will serve earlier, and it's all-you-can-eat for £9-£10 or so.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Wetherspoons isn't far along the road.
Pubs abound.
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Mick F wrote: 16 May 2022, 5:34pm Wetherspoons isn't far along the road.
Pubs abound.
Spoons opens at 08.00 Mick
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I find bakeries the best bet early doors.
I was camping in Innerleithen recently and the bakery opened 6am. Even before my breakfast time :lol:
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Been through Innerleithen a few times back in the dim and distance past when we lived in Fife.
1975 perhaps. Lived there 1974 to 1980.

Can't remember a bakery or much there at all in those days.
Mick F. Cornwall
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

I was thinking I could snag a couple of sausages at the breakfast the morning before, pour hot water over them from the tap to remove the grease and enjoy on the road! :roll:
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Were you so inclined there's a McDonalds on your way out of town. Breakfast is the only thing I eat at McDs, but I think it's generally very good, and will certainly keep you going until another stop.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Yes, did another search and found Sainsbury and Morrisons cafe's open at 8, but McDonald's opens at 6. Junk food but needs must. :roll:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Mick F wrote: 16 May 2022, 6:31pm Been through Innerleithen a few times back in the dim and distance past when we lived in Fife.
1975 perhaps. Lived there 1974 to 1980.

Can't remember a bakery or much there at all in those days.
Compared to the eighties you wouldn’t recognise Innerleithen now Mick. The economy there, vibrant, runs on cycling of a mountain bike downhill variety. At least three bike shops, cafes, merino clothing, and the bakers where I got a bacon roll, sausage roll, 2x flapjacks and change from a £5 note.
The money comes from Edinburgh and all points of the U.K. Camp site was busy and I was camped next to guys from Teesside , Lincolnshire and Wales all there for the cycling.
Take a look with Streetview you won’t believe the transformation. Peebles too just bursting with money from Edinburgh and cycling.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Tiggertoo wrote: 16 May 2022, 7:35pm Yes, did another search and found Sainsbury and Morrisons cafe's open at 8, but McDonald's opens at 6. Junk food but needs must. :roll:
As I said, the breakfast products I rate as good quality and the coffee is better for cheaper than the High Street competition
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Sullivans diner in Penzance opens at 6am.
It's right opposite the train station.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Sullivan's. Full English and at 6 AM, what could be better. Thanks.
As far as I can tell, the Lugger is half a mile from the station, so out of the Lugger at 6, 10 minute walk to Sullivan's, have breakfast (20 minutes), 10 minutes walk back. 20 minutes to finalize departure from hotel and on the road at 7. Perfect (in theory). :wink:
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Out of The Lugger at 0545!
I had a full English there a few years ago in August when the ferry to the Isles of Scilly does a double sailing on Saturdays, it departs at 0630hrs so I called in Sullivans the day before and asked if he could open a bit earlier.
0530hrs I was in there!! :lol:
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

I might try that.
I don't know how others cope with early morning starts for long rides - mostly Audax - but I always fiddle around and often forget something in my anxiety.
I haven't counted the number of times I have cycled away with my saddle bag unzipped and wallet hanging out or tubes and pump left laying in the car boot and even got ten miles once before realizing my helmet was not with me. So, getting breakfast out of the way to concentrate on getting the essentials packed away on me - and on the bike - would benefit from an early - and orderly - start.