Big Agnes Copper Spur 3HV Bikepack versus Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3 Bikepack

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
PrinterJohn

Big Agnes Copper Spur 3HV Bikepack versus Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3 Bikepack

Post by PrinterJohn »

Has anyone experience of both of these tents or of the Tiger Wall which could help me decide between the two.
Thehairs1970

Re: Big Agnes Copper Spur 3HV Bikepack versus Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3 Bikepack

Post by Thehairs1970 »

We have a 3 UL HV bike pack. Not lots of experience but wow. Huge living space and lightweight with a small pack size. Easy and quick to pitch so the inner first really is not a problem. Not sure what differences are between that and the Tiger Wall but we like what we have.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Interesting comments on the bottom of this article about the intended differences between the two designs even though it’s about the 2 man ones. https://bikepacking.com/gear/big-agnes- ... iew-video/

I have the copper spur one man bikepacking and love it.
PrinterJohn

Post by PrinterJohn »

The chances of getting the Copper Spur 3 Bikepack at the moment are nil even from the states so I have ordered a Tiger Wall UL3 Bikepack. Quite similar, but with 3 instead of 4 legs, so not quite as good in the wind, but lighter in weight. Not sure about the khaki colour for wild camping, I would have preferred green, but then the Copper Spur is grey so that was not my colour of choice either.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

PrinterJohn wrote: 23 May 2022, 9:48pm The chances of getting the Copper Spur 3 Bikepack at the moment are nil even from the states so I have ordered a Tiger Wall UL3 Bikepack. Quite similar, but with 3 instead of 4 legs, so not quite as good in the wind, but lighter in weight. Not sure about the khaki colour for wild camping, I would have preferred green, but then the Copper Spur is grey so that was not my colour of choice either.
At least in Scotland, if you want to merge with the landscape then brown generally does it better than green. And if it's really wild camping so you're out of the way then it doesn't really matter: we prefer red because of the warm quality of light on an otherwise dreich morning seems a bit friendlier (sounds ridiculous, but the orange of the classic Force 10 is for that reason and not visibility).

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
PrinterJohn

Post by PrinterJohn »

Agreed, the yellow inner of my Terra Nova laser large 3 has always made it more pleasant.