Anyone been to Holland recently ?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
paul_n

Anyone been to Holland recently ?

Post by paul_n »

Hi all

Anyone been to Holland in the last month ?

Hoping to catch the ferry from Harwich to Hook on the 21st June and would rather not have any Brexit/Covid problems that could stop the holiday taking place.

Paul
Jdsk

Re: Anyone been to Holland recently ?

Post by Jdsk »

I recommend the Europe 2022 thread, lots of experiences and tips in there:
viewtopic.php?p=1691062#p1691062

Jonathan
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Good luck with that thread, it's our own War and Peace.

A few have travelled to EU recently on ferries and not reported any problems. I had long tours in Portugal and Spain over the winter, both hassle free.

You don't say what sort of accommodation. There is a thread somewhere mainly about camping in NL, but also mentions other stuff. Could be worth a look (fairly recent). Edit here it is:
viewtopic.php?t=150645

Also, are you fully vaccinated? Problems if not. Here are the current rules on our Govt website https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

I reckon you will be fine, but a brief report when you return would be welcome.
Last edited by simonhill on 26 May 2022, 6:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Me again.

Much as I dislike TripAdvisor, they do have a country by country forum where there is often useful travel info. It's helped keep me up to date for a number of countries in the fast changing Covid world.

I'd advise dipping in regularly to check out if there are any changes in rules, etc. For most countries there are usually long standing posters who post good info. You can ignore 90% of the posts.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum ... lands.html
Last edited by simonhill on 26 May 2022, 7:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thehairs1970

Post by Thehairs1970 »

Went in April. No one asked about Covid at all, in or out. Stayed in Airbnb. No one asked there either. Didn’t eat out so can’t comment on that but few were wearing masks in supermarkets etc.
paul_n

Post by paul_n »

Hi all

Thanks for your prompt replies.

I saw a couple of ' Europe ' threads however missed anything Holland specific.

i am camping and do not have a smart phone so need to download my Covid passport just before I go.
However I do have a 6+ years on my passport.

regards Paul
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

paul_n wrote: 27 May 2022, 3:37pmI saw a couple of ' Europe ' threads however missed anything Holland specific.
The post that I linked upthread describes a recent experience.

NB: Searching needs to include "Netherlands"!

Jonathan
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

I was in NL earlier this month. In my experience the Dutch were treating the pandemic as being over: I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a mask. Nobody checked my vaccination status, either at the border or at hotels or restaurants. Overall it was pretty much the same as a visit pre-covid.
teamonster

Post by teamonster »

+1 on Dutch treating it as finished , there for 15 days in May. No questions, no docs required, didn’t see one person in a mask
F70100

Post by F70100 »

+2; there for 12 days in May. Asked on arrival by the Immigration Officer what was the purpose of our journey (tourism) and if we were vaccinated (didn’t ask to see proof). Arrived in a Campervan with bikes on the rack. No hassle.
COYS

Post by COYS »

I got back from Holland 2 weeks ago. Didn't even check my COVID passport on arrival from Hull.