Interesting article on money

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cugel

Re: Interesting article on money

Post by Cugel »

Well, Mr Squares attitude is the height of fashion in our society today, as demonstrated by the fine not-caring fellow at the very peak of the social "order".

"Suggesting that he should appoint himself as his own Downing Street chief of staff and spokesman in November 2020, Johnson reportedly told Cummings: “Yes I’ll £*!+ up all sorts, but so what? If I can’t do what I want, what’s the point of being prime minister?”

There's another prime model over the sea to the West as well. In fact, a whole political party of 'em! Soon they will own the world, if there's any of it left. In fact, I've a feeling they already do own the world, the rascals; and are well down the road to "unsustaining" it..

Cugel, off to put on my hair shirt in compensation. :-)
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Cugel wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 11:19am Well, Mr Squares attitude is the height of fashion in our society today, as demonstrated by the fine not-caring fellow at the very peak of the social "order".
Is he not a public servant? We pay him to run stuff for us - you and I are his bosses. No?
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

mattheus wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 11:24am
Cugel wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 11:19am Well, Mr Squares attitude is the height of fashion in our society today, as demonstrated by the fine not-caring fellow at the very peak of the social "order".
Is he not a public servant? We pay him to run stuff for us - you and I are his bosses. No?
If you refer to our wunnerful PM, Bokum Spaffer, I think you'll find that he views all other humans as his servants with him having only The Master role. He seems oblivious to the notion of public service, especially any kind of public service he himself ought to discharge.

But isn't that true of the current Tory Party in general; perhaps, now, of most politicians? The notion of public service seems to have become terribly old-hat. The latest fashion is to wear a coxcomb and a codpiece whilst picking pockets and discharging various kinds of effluent, physical & metaphysical, into the public domain.

Still, Bokum is "living his one life", even if that does mean a large number of others can't live theirs because of Bokum-bog first sucking at their lives and eventually drowning them in the toxic sludge of his slowly rotting little britain.

Cugel, with only a cotton cycling cap of a Plaid Cymru MP to keep away the corpse flies.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Cugel wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 1:12pm
mattheus wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 11:24am
If you refer to our wunnerful PM, Bokum Spaffer, I think you'll find that he views all other humans as his servants with him having only The Master role. He seems oblivious to the notion of public service, especially any kind of public service he himself ought to discharge.
This is terrible news.

Does everybody know??
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

At least Squares is honest which is more than can be said by BoJo and his disgusting party and some on this forum!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

mattheus wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 10:30am
PedallingSquares wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 8:51am I really don't care.
My daughter is a vegan tree-hugger.
She sounds a nice person: well done on doing something positive with your life.
Quite interesting that you say that based on her diet and environmental stance.She could be a horrible person but true to form she's perceived to be 'nice' just because she a vegan tree-hugger.
My point proven.
As it happens she is a nice person despite her extremism :wink:
She is just one of a very long list of positives in my life as is her younger red meat eating brother who loves shooting,cars,motorbikes........................and cycling.No doubt he will not be perceived as a 'nice' person as he has no extremist views and kills little fuffy bunnies and other vermin :roll: