MTB bike size help

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
DAZZER11

MTB bike size help

Post by DAZZER11 »

Can anyone help me pick a bike size for the 2022 Voodoo Bizango , I am 6"4 and inseam 33 inches , They have Large size in stock and XL is out,
531colin

Re: MTB bike size help

Post by 531colin »

how are you measuring inseam?
Traditionally inseam for bike sizing isn't the same as for trousers.
For bike sizing, inseam is right up against your crotch, all the way down to the floor.
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

What's the intended use? Long in saddle cross country juants or more trail centre style riding?

The L is likely to feel rather compact for your size, particularly if you're looking at the latter sort of riding.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
PM999

Post by PM999 »

No substitute for trying one for size, but some data that might help.

I bought the 2022 Bizango, size L. I'm 6'0", with an inseam (crotch to floor, barefoot) a smidge over 33".

Saddle is set about 1" higher than the top of the bars, leaving just over 2" safety margin to "minimum insertion" on the seat post.

The L is a very good fit for me, with 2 minor caveats. I'm a bit gorilla armed, and even with the saddle as far back as possible, I'd prefer an inch or so more reach. They have also widened the bars quite a bit this year, possibly going a bit far for my liking. Both minor quibbles, and easy fixes if I can be bothered - I probably won't.

The bike is as good as the reviews suggest for a budget/mid-price hardtail.