Cannondale evo supersix - turn handlebars for transportation

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
x70

Cannondale evo supersix - turn handlebars for transportation

Post by x70 »

Hello,
the Evo Supersix has an internal stopper stopper on the fork that prevent handlebars to turn completely. This makes it impossible to fit the bike in my transportation hard-case.
I have the integrated KNOT stem and i wonder if it is possible to turn just the handlebars (keeping the fork in straight position) by unscrewing some of the bolts that keep together steerer tube, stem and compression plug, just like other more traditional stems.
Let me know if you have experience with that.
Many thanks in advance!
NickJP

Re: Cannondale evo supersix - turn handlebars for transportation

Post by NickJP »

Don't the brake cables/hoses run internally through the stem on that bike? If so, I don't think you can turn the stem very far relative to the steerer because there need to be matching holes so that the cables can pass from the stem to the steerer.

One of the downsides of internal cable routing.
x70

Post by x70 »

Thx for your comment. The brake cable run through the stem but hopefully there is enough room to turn the stem 90 deg vs the steerer. I'll give it a go; i need to take out spacers etc and i never done it before so i was wondering if someone with the same bike already tried.
Cheers
x70

Post by x70 »

I gave it a go and yes, it is possible to turn the handlebar all the way just by loosing the compression plug and the two stem bolts
Cheers