TDF.......As No Ones Started A Post.

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
hemo

Re: TDF.......As No Ones Started A Post.

Post by hemo »

One rider I did miss at this years tour was Julien Alaphilippe, all being well he should return next year. Having won the 1st stage at the tour de wallonie his comeback is on hold again having caught the covid bug.
Whether Egan can regain his full fitness following his horror crash is another excellant rider who can mix it up with the current best,
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
NATURAL ANKLING wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 12:55pm Hi,
Postboxer wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 4:26pm Got my code through so must still be available.
I tried a few days ago..........but no luck :(
Arrived this morning at 10:30 :P
Attachments
3FB239AB-DF86-4373-9A3D-81651414CD47.png
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mjr

Post by mjr »

The Eurosport/GCN highlights of TDFF released at 8pm each day have been pretty shockingly bad, though. No stage profiles/flythrough, commentary cut mid-word, no podium any day yet and no classifications shown most days.

I read that the "on demand" GCN+ ones have been even worse. The short (sub-10-minute) ones on YouTube have been OK and I've used them a couple of days to fill in the gaps, using Lanterne Rouge instead if it's released (because why reward GCN for rubbish main highlights?)
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

mjr wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 1:29pm The Eurosport/GCN highlights of TDFF released at 8pm each day have been pretty shockingly bad, though. No stage profiles/flythrough, commentary cut mid-word, no podium any day yet and no classifications shown most days.

I read that the "on demand" GCN+ ones have been even worse. The short (sub-10-minute) ones on YouTube have been OK and I've used them a couple of days to fill in the gaps, using Lanterne Rouge instead if it's released (because why reward GCN for rubbish main highlights?)
I’m shocked to discover you’re even watching it. I thought you’d watch it on France 3 or German Eurosport?
You say GCN+ is worse than what you watch yet it shows route and profile for the next day at the end of the programme. I don’t watch the highlights but I’ve just fast forwarded through yesterdays programme to see what it’s about. I saw the classification and podium.
4234D261-58C3-40DE-85D2-F684AF147543.jpeg
If I don’t watch a race through the day I usually fast forward through the whole race playing it at points which looked as if something has happened. I think that’s actually quicker than watching their highlights.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mjr

Post by mjr »

Paulatic wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 3:45pm
mjr wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 1:29pm The Eurosport/GCN highlights of TDFF released at 8pm each day have been pretty shockingly bad, though. No stage profiles/flythrough, commentary cut mid-word, no podium any day yet and no classifications shown most days.

I’m shocked to discover you’re even watching it. I thought you’d watch it on France 3 or German Eurosport?
You say GCN+ is worse than what you watch yet it shows route and profile for the next day at the end of the programme. [...]
I'm watching it on Eurosport (better times for me than France 3). All their cycling coverage is co branded GCN at the moment. I'm not watching GCN+ but see complaints from its subscribers.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Paulatic wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 3:45pm

You say GCN+ is worse than what you watch yet it shows route and profile for the next day at the end of the programme. [...]
I'm watching it on Eurosport (better times for me than France 3). All their cycling coverage is co branded GCN at the moment. I'm not watching GCN+ but see complaints from its subscribers.

Your highlights are titled "extended" but are only 27 minutes long. The Eurosport/GCN ones I'm watching are an hour less 4x2min ad breaks. How is 27 an extension on 52?
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

mjr wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 9:46pm [

Your highlights are titled "extended" but are only 27 minutes long. The Eurosport/GCN ones I'm watching are an hour less 4x2min ad breaks. How is 27 an extension on 52?
27 is probably an extension of the 10 minute highlight you mentioned earlier.
From what you say your Eurosport/GCN content , I presume you watch on satellite, is entirely different from GCN+. Incredible they don’t show route, profile, and classification.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mjr

Post by mjr »

Not entirely different. As I understand it, same commentary team and same reporters, including Iris Slappendel and Manon Lloyd.
hemo

Post by hemo »

Nairo quintana disqualified from this years results, tramadol has been found in his samples.