Question raised on IAM webinar

mjr

Re: Question raised on IAM webinar

Post by mjr »

Grandad wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 5:08pm My club makes it a condition of membership that you join either CTC or BC. as both provide Third Party insurance for their members.
This could be seen as compulsory insurance (with the opt out being not joining the club). This insurance covers the members acts of negligence as individual cyclists.

. A separate policy in the name of the club covers all members for actions carried out on behalf of the club

I don,t think that we are alone with this.
It sounds as if your insurance policies cover far more than the usual CTC and BC ones.

You are, of course, still vulnerable to acts of deliberate stupidity by your members and acts of other uninsured road users.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

In another outdoors club I was in the association had cover for activities of the group but only on organised events not speculative activities by members organised but not listed as events. Personal liability was not covered except if you were the leader on the organised and listed event I think. Certainly not applicable in any way to other similar groups and personal cover. I think that's why BC and CUK liability cover sounds a good side effect of membership.
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

I only asked if any members here are also IAM members, and if so, did they hear what was said. Now loathe to ask if anyone heard Jeremy Clarkson take a pop at cyclists on ‘Who wants to be a millionaire’ last week.
Feeling somewhat conflict adverse and so don’t want to go down rabbit holes at the moment.