Timmy Mallett Circumnavigating Britain

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Postboxer

Timmy Mallett Circumnavigating Britain

Post by Postboxer »

Couldn't see it mentioned elsewhere but Timmy Mallett is currently cycling around the coast, I don't think he has far left to go, he's using an e-bike and painting on his travels, along with posting lots of videos on his social media channels.

https://linktr.ee/TimmyMallett

He posted a video from Bridlington pointing out he had completed the Way of the Roses by going a rather long way around. He also will have done LEJOG taking a scenic route too.
simonineaston

Re: Timmy Mallett Circumnavigating Britain

Post by simonineaston »

Thanks for link. I learn that he's already done the Camino and that no less a personality than Prof Cox - he of particle fame - describes the resulting book thus:
A vivid, beautifully written and often moving book, skilfully dovetailing memoir, history, art and a cycling pilgrimage across Europe into a unique and uplifting whole. If you think you know who Timmy Mallett is, you're in for a rewarding surprise!'
Tempted as the ebook is about a fiver. I shall however be giving the kind offer of a foam mallet at ten times that price a swerve...
no thanks...
no thanks...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I’ve been following his travels on Twitter since Liverpool. It has been entertaining and some interesting items he came across.
What does strike me is how quickly the time has gone. He only does a modest mileage each day yet makes good progress.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

simonineaston wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 10:20am Thanks for link. I learn that he's already done the Camino ...
He [Timmy Mallett] did a talk for the Cycle Touring Festival on his Camino (UK to Camino) cycle trip

It was a good talk - I enjoyed it (but with quite a few "Mallett'isms")

Ian