Bike hire in Spain or Portugal

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Boring_Username

Bike hire in Spain or Portugal

Post by Boring_Username »

Hi I'm thinking of 7-10 days touring in Spain or Portugal in early October, and transporting my own bike there seems hard work and/or expensive.

Would appreciate any recommendations of bike hire places - not too fussy about where I go (as long as weather is likely to be decent there) or what I hire (as long as it is of reasonable quality for say 60 miles a day and has a rack).

Thanks
MrsHJ

Re: Bike hire in Spain or Portugal

Post by MrsHJ »

Hmmm, this has come up recently and there was a good option. Something to do with cycle hire Iberia I think. Scroll down a couple of pages of threads and see if there is a promising one.

Here: (not my post)

We like to take our own bikes too but with 3 flights the risk is huge. Luththansa used to fly from Aberdeen and when they did , the bike policy was for just to turn up at the airport and hand over the bike. No boxes, no taking off pedals and turning the handlebars etc. Pick up your bike at the destination airport and ride. This worked great for me and never had a problem. Saying that , I never tried it on more than 2 flights at a time and always via Frankfurt. Touring bike are made of tough stuff 😁

I was looking at 2 companies that rent bikes in Spain with delivery and collection to and from different locations. Both Portuguese ironically.

I went for the first company as I preferred the bikes

www.cycling-rentals.com

www.bikeiberia.com
Boring_Username

Post by Boring_Username »

Thank you. Sorry I did search but obviously not very well!
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Google can probably be your friend. I just put bike hire in Oporto and got a few results. Try searching on selected cities.

Probably touch and go on cost of hiring versus flying it. €60 quoted on one for 4 days. You'd probably get good discount for 10 days.

Personally, for more than a few days, I'd rather take my own.
Lookrider

Post by Lookrider »

https://www.altabikerental.com/en/

Had a hire twice off them in javea area of spain
The bikes appear almost new well looked after
They drop off at your accommodation very prompt on time and will collect

Good luck with your search and holiday