Fuel prices

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: Fuel prices

Post by reohn2 »

Biospace wrote: 2 Dec 2022, 4:54pm ... Will road fuel ever go below £7 a gallon (£1.54/l) again?
Only if demand reduces to the levels they were in the first lockdown when petrol was 99p a litre!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
rjb

Post by rjb »

reohn2 wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 3:56pm
Biospace wrote: 2 Dec 2022, 4:54pm ... Will road fuel ever go below £7 a gallon (£1.54/l) again?
Only if demand reduces to the levels they were in the first lockdown when petrol was 99p a litre!
We are there now at our local garage. £1.52.9 at Thornfalcon on the A358 link road between the M5 and the A303. It's causing chaos as the forecourt is full and trafffiic is queuing trying to get in and out. A few days ago whilst waiting in line I thought it was going to be fisticuffs between the builder queuing behind me and a queue jumper. The air was blue with the language. I went to pay and advised the 2 young lady's at the till who witnessed the situation to lock the entrance door when I left. It's all on camera. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Lowest price I've seen so far was £1.57 in North Wales near Bala earlier in the week.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

That would seem quite cheap for a 'mini pork pie party pack of six" get a few mile out of them!
pwa

Post by pwa »

One or two small petrol stations near here have dipped their petrol prices below £1.50 per litre this week, which is 3p lower than Tesco.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Locally, diesel holds a 25p premium over petrol. It's still above £1.82/litre
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Bought my dirty diesel (50+ mpg) on 5th October and filled the tank. Done a couple of long trips since then. Have yet to refill :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 8:17am Bought my dirty diesel (50+ mpg) on 5th October and filled the tank. Done a couple of long trips since then. Have yet to refill :lol:

Al
You dirty diesel devil!

Cugel, with the fervour of the converted firmly covering all them miles I did in a diesel polluter before seeing The Light. (Well, the electricity socket).
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Cugel wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 1:07pm
al_yrpal wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 8:17am Bought my dirty diesel (50+ mpg) on 5th October and filled the tank. Done a couple of long trips since then. Have yet to refill :lol:

Al
You dirty diesel devil!

Cugel, with the fervour of the converted firmly covering all them miles I did in a diesel polluter before seeing The Light. (Well, the electricity socket).
PS I f you're not getting at least 56mpg out of that Audi A4 clone you bought, you need lighter boots.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Al
You dirty diesel devil!

So, your recent plan was to add 5 tons of carbon to the environment? And exploit those impoverished youngsters digging up the rare minerals. Well done!

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 4 Dec 2022, 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Cugel wrote: 4 Dec 2022, 1:08pm

Al
You dirty diesel devil!

PS I f you're not getting at least 56mpg out of that Audi A4 clone you bought, you need lighter boots.
ps Many relatively short local journeys.

Al
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

reohn2 wrote: 3 Dec 2022, 10:39pm Lowest price I've seen so far was £1.57 in North Wales near Bala earlier in the week.
Just under £1.60 for petrol here in North Yorks, diesel around 25ppl more - it's usually more at this time of year with the high demand for heating oil. The days of diesel being cheaper than petrol are long gone in the UK and most other European countries, only Denmark, Greece and The Netherlands have cheaper diesel than petrol at the moment.

Think I will sort out a good restaurant or hotel which has a reliable supply of waste cooking oil. :idea:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just filled up this afternoon at 157.9 per litre for unleaded at the Co-op up the hill.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.51602 ... 384!8i8192
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Seen £1.55 here in the land of cider and cheddar and diesel down to £1.785. not down enough yet to tempt me to fill up. But, as observed earlier low prices means bees around honeypots.

Al
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Anyone using pellets? Three shot up since last year.