The Tory mask slips....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

The Tory mask slips....

Post by reohn2 »

.....perhaps some people already knew it was always a mask but have a listen:- (2.56secs but all is reveled 1minute in) https://youtu.be/I8k-1Pu0-bA
Whaddya think.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PedallingSquares

Re: The Tory mask slips....

Post by PedallingSquares »

No doubt he will claim "it was taken out of context" but It is a crystal clear the Tories have nothing but contempt for Joe average.....

...yet Joe average seems to fall for their lies and vote them in :roll:
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I think most ordinary voters would be appalled - struck dumb with fear, even... if they could see / hear the real plans that the increasingly influential hard right have for us all. I got a tiny glimpse of what's going on when I happened across some text from emails sent between members of the ghastly cabal that pounced on Covid and cheefully snatched BILLIONS of tax-payers hard-earned and I was sickened.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

PedallingSquares wrote: 6 Aug 2022, 10:39am No doubt he will claim "it was taken out of context" but It is a crystal clear the Tories have nothing but contempt for Joe average.....

Indeed!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PedallingSquares wrote: 6 Aug 2022, 10:39am No doubt he will claim "it was taken out of context" but It is a crystal clear the Tories have nothing but contempt for Joe average.....

Yep!
And,get this.I was chatting to very nice chap today who claimed in all sincerity that Johnson was the leftwing of the Tory party!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
toontra

Post by toontra »

I honestly think there are some people who think there is still such a thing as a ruling class - i.e. those of a certain background and status, identifiable by accent and mannerisms - who are the only ones to be trusted with running things.

How else do you explain the last 12 years? There is clearly some sado/masochism going on here.
Cyclo2022

Post by Cyclo2022 »

Personally, but I ain't on my own when I say that I would be struck dumb with fear if the Labour lot got in to govern the country!....That would be a complete Nightmare!
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Cyclo2022 wrote: 6 Aug 2022, 9:08pm Personally, but I ain't on my own when I say that I would be struck dumb with fear if the Labour lot got in to govern the country!....That would be a complete Nightmare!
And yet you presumably do not fear an incipient full on neo-fascist regime. Wow.
toontra

Post by toontra »

Cyclo2022 wrote: 6 Aug 2022, 9:08pm Personally, but I ain't on my own when I say that I would be struck dumb with fear if the Labour lot got in to govern the country!....That would be a complete Nightmare!
And the last 12 years have been a success? By any standards you care to use they have been an unmitigated disaster. The USP of the Tories is managing the economy responsibly. They have trashed it and we now have the worst outlook of any developed country.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

There is a lot of very poor areas in the countryside (esp in the north), and yes I do think governments (of all parties) ignore this fact as ther is more votes to be won in urban areas.

yep sure, rich boy rishi is well out of touch, but I would rather he took the reigns than Lizzie with her imaginary beach ball
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Pebble wrote: 7 Aug 2022, 1:14am yep sure, rich boy rishi is well out of touch, but I would rather he took the reigns than Lizzie with her imaginary beach ball
As a good friend remarked, the choice between these two is akin to asking what type of flu you'd like to catch this winter :roll:
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Stradageek wrote: 7 Aug 2022, 7:20am
As a good friend remarked, the choice between these two is akin to asking what type of flu you'd like to catch this winter :roll:
"Sir, there is no settling the point of precedency between a louse and a flea."
Boswell: Life of Johnson
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Well in a couple of years we'll find out, I'm not sure that even the British electorate can be taken in by the Tory rhetoric yet again.

I still have a lingering hope that we can ditch divisive two party politics and introduce a PR system that forces politicians to get together and AGREE what's best for a MAJORITY of the population. The rest of Europe (except FPTP Belarus) seem to make PR work (even if the Italians make it look chaotic), why can't we??
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

I'm sure you're not alone but to get out of the mess created in the last 12 years most people won't share your view.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"I'm not sure that even the British electorate can be taken in by the Tory rhetoric yet again."

Never bet against the stupidity of the English voter. The might of the Tory Establishment propaganda machine will triumph again. And never lose votes by playing to the inherent racism of the English.