Adding Attachments - tab missing

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
miketoch

Adding Attachments - tab missing

Post by miketoch »

I am tryiing to post a bike for sale and want to add a couple of photos. However my 'New Topic' page does not have an 'Attachments' tab at the bottom - just 'Options' and 'Poll Creation'.

It is bound to be obvious but I have been through all the sttings etc and I can't see a switch anywhere. I am a newbie so is my account restricted in some way?

Thanks
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Adding Attachments - tab missing

Post by Mick F »

Welcome to the forum! :D

I've just approved your first post, and now you should see the attachments tab.
Mick F. Cornwall
miketoch

Post by miketoch »

Thanks
tambrose31

attachment tab missing

Post by tambrose31 »

I have the same problem as a previous poster- no attachment tab, just options and polI I want to post a few pics of my bike for sale. I am new to this forum. Thanks for any help. Tony
slowster

Post by slowster »

tambrose31 wrote: 7 Aug 2023, 9:03am I have the same problem as a previous poster- no attachment tab
Welcome to the forum. As Mick F advised miketoch above, now that your first post has beeen approved you should be able to see the attachments tab.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I hope this may be a suitable time and place to revive a suggestion I made many years ago about polls and in particular, requiring polls to be approved before they are posted.

We did go through a spell when bright-eyed and bushy-tailed students as part of their coursework were running polls on here. I doubt many collected much data (many data?) relevant to their research but I think they received quite a bit of advice (eg from a dictionary-waving spambuster) on how to construct a decent opinion poll.

Apart from that, they can sometimes be only a means to wind people up.

I'm aware that requiring a moderator's approval may risk creating more work but I fancy it may reduce it substantially in the longer term as fewer people will be wound up.
==================================================================
PS I rest my case

viewtopic.php?t=157620