card reader or app. for bring & buy

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

card reader or app. for bring & buy

Post by simonineaston »

As the Moulton BoA meeting looms in the calender, I'm going to take the opportunity to have a right old clear out - I've got a ton of Moulton-orientated kit I don't need. At the same time I'm conscious that a lot of folk just don't carry cash much any more.
Do you, dear reader, have any recent experience of the Square Reader (or similar devices)? I imagine it's fast coming into regular use with all sorts of folk, from caterers, tradespersons and like in my case, just doing bring & buys or car boot meets.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
al_yrpal

Re: card reader or app. for bring & buy

Post by al_yrpal »

My daughter uses Sum Up for her glass business.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

On the face of it, it sounds good. I imagine that only the organised will bring cash to the B&B - using a card reader, especially for contactless payments, has got to be waaaay more attractive to both parties - no float, pay by phone etc. yadda yadda. I think I might give it a try.
screenshot of Sum Up advert
screenshot of Sum Up advert
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Reader arrived yesterday. Set it up this morning and have made a couple of test payments. Unit seems robust and simple. Everything works as promised. So far, so good.
If anyone wants any info about this, please ask. Not directly related to bicycling of course, but great for parts sales, cycle jumbles, bring&buy yadda yadda
S