Wiggle and Evri

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Davy

Re: Wiggle and Evri

Post by Davy »

I recently had a problem with Evri.A part I had ordered from Wiggle was listed on the online tracker as being out for delivery Checked little later it had been returned to sender

Mrs davey ordered some knitting wool which was never delivered despite having arrived according to tracking with Evri.

It is disappointing as previously when it was branded Hermes we never had a problem.I were not at home we had arrangement with the local driver to put the delivery in a safe place which he always confirmed with a card through the letter box
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Ordered a new pump from Wiggle late Wednesday evening. Free delivery, arrived this afternoon exactly when Evri said it would. Fast and totally hassle free.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

All my Wiggle/CRC orders were sent to a local Collect+ collection point via Yodel, never had a good experience with Yodel so it worked well for me. My order from CRC this week was sent to my local Tesco store that I pass daily so no major inconvenience to collect the parcel as I use Tesco to buy my Lottery tickets and the parcels are dealt with at the same desk.
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

I've had the usual 'we tried to deliver' with a Wiggle parcel from EVRI when there had been no attempt at delivery. Also had the 'we've delivered your parcel' with a photo of it sitting at someone else's house.
My current issue is an order I placed last Friday, tracking says EVRI received it on Tuesday, but no attempt has been made to deliver it yet!

Personally I've had enough. I will not order from anyone using EVRI as their delivery agent again. It's just not worth the headache!
FixedWheel

Post by FixedWheel »

Just cancelled my account with Wiggle. Customer service has been poor over the last 12 months or so. For example, I contacted them a week ago about an undelivered item which was supposed to be with me next day, as I'm a Wiggle+ customer. After a week and although I had sent it through my secure Wiggle account which one can only access by logging in, they kept sending me emails asking me provide them with my registered email address, to my registered email address! Total maddnes...
loch eck steve

Post by loch eck steve »

just taken delivery of a wiggle order , came 2 days earlier then expected and no problem with Evri .
Barrowman

Post by Barrowman »

Never had an Issue with Hermes ,but have had a few E Bay bits come recently via Evri and keep getting 'Missed Delivery/Re Delivery Charge' Messages (Scams)
Not sure if this is down to Evri or E bay but not too gripped my data doesn't seem to be being handled well.
PH

Post by PH »

Used Evri a fair bit in the last year, both for sending and receiving, 50+ parcels sent and at least 10 received. Most of the recipients were offered an alternative if they preferred, along with a quote, they all stuck with Evri. I've been using the lockers at a petrol station 5 min walk away, no queuing, always open, cheap and easy, I also like the idea that the driver is delivering and collecting multiple parcels from the one place, rather than individually.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Barrowman wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 5:05pm Never had an Issue with Hermes ,but have had a few E Bay bits come recently via Evri and keep getting 'Missed Delivery/Re Delivery Charge' Messages (Scams)
Not sure if this is down to Evri or E bay but not too gripped my data doesn't seem to be being handled well.
Nothing to do with Evri, it's a nationwide scam. Don't know how they get the numbers though.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I need a new tyre (thorn left "remnant" in a Marathon Plus).

Need to confirm sizing (and how they ship). But can't contact them (no phone number, Live Chat not working). Cycle sitting in kitchen tyreless.

Do I save £20 and pursue grief contacting Wiggle, dealing with EvRI, etc. or do I pay RRP at LBS. Double the price but LBS (which has the unusual size in stock) is looking increasingly appealing.

Chain Reaction same - no phone number, Live Chat not working and use EvRI). How much business do these warehouses lose by making purchasing from them such extra grief?

Ian
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Am I right in thinking Evri is Hermes rebranded?
You can't polish a turd!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Dingdong wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 11:31am Am I right in thinking Evri is Hermes rebranded?
You can't polish a turd!
I believe it is. I don 't know if the now frequently reported untrue "You were out ..." is a recent development or it it's due to EvRI winning e.g. Wiggle so people are getting more EvRi deliveries and getting more of the "You were out ..." when you were actually waiting in. Either way their delivery people seem to be using it as an excuse to skip even trying to deliver - my guess that more deliveries in less time mean they are declaring you out so their record shows they tried and not their fault.

I often blame management seeking higher profits or having bid too low to win contracts contracts meaning they need higher productivity from drivers and they ignore that driving safely between properties, making a delivery takes time and more deliveries in less time means something has to give.

Ian
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

I have a friend who has a few vans on the road and acts as a final leg delivery service for some of the big boys. From what he says, even at his end of the market, the profits are huge.

There has to be a better way. Large, lockable delivery bins outside every house for instance? They might be ugly but there popular in Europe and one definitive solution to the 'you were out' epidemic.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Sometimes it's when your area gets a new delivery driver -- a few years ago DPD got a Polish guy who really messed up for a while mixing up deliveries causing no end of trouble but he eventually figured it out and deliveries are back to normal.
I am here. Where are you?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Having called LBS, they checked their stock driven there and "We don't have that one" (they were apparently "confused about the size!).

So ordered from Wiggle. Eventually, days after ordering contacted their support and told them to "pull their fingers out and ship what I ordered". They then did.

Today EvRI send me an e-mail giving a 2 hr delivery window so I waited in. Then 2 hours after the end of the delivery time window (and no sign of goods) got an e-mail "There is problem with your delivery but we'll send you a message on Monday" (and expect you to wait in yet another day!

This is completely useless. Happens every time. Why do Wiggle still use this disaster of a company? (maybe because Wiggle have become a simplar "disaster"?).

Ian