Evening meal

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Evening meal

Post by Mick F »

This was mine this evening.
Pie Minister Steak and Ale pie and Branston baked beans.
Yum! :D

What did you eat this evening?
IMG_1480.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
tenbikes

Re: Evening meal

Post by tenbikes »

Where are the greens??
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

tenbikes wrote: 11 Sep 2022, 7:28pm Where are the greens??
I think these are Mick's closest:

https://www.st-mellion.co.uk/en/courses-fees.html
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I ate them last evening! :D

Steak and onions slow cooked in the oven, with spuds, carrots, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli.

As for golf, it's a pointless thing. Why waste a wonderful meadow for people to whack a ball with a stick, instead of letting the general public wander about and enjoy the scenery?
Mick F. Cornwall
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Beats me. I last played in October 1994 when the authorities asked me to desist due to my lost balls raising the level of the Indian Ocean...
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Even though we are in France we had Rosbif from the village butcher which was excellent, baked spuds (couldnt be bothered to do Roasties) and carrots and purple sprouting brocolli from the market. Followed by two local cheeses. Several glasses of French Merlot.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

We had salad and various middle Eastern savoury pastry things bought from a stall on the market in Charleville Mezier.
It will shortly be washed down with some red Bordeaux from a small allimentier.
Richard M
Cardiff
rjb

Post by rjb »

Beef stew, broccoli and baked spuds in jackets. Followed by blackberry and apple with custard. Berries picked and frozen a few weeks ago and apples picked from the community orchard. Freezing the blackberries enhances their flavour we find. :wink:
The low hanging fruit has now gone so I will need a bigger ladder next time. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Food?

I love it. :D
Keep the "meals" coming please!
Mick F. Cornwall
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Curried king fish with root veg, served with naan bread, at 12 noon, with cheese sandwiches for tea.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Well - since you ask!
Fish pie (home made), mashed hard-boiled egg, peas, asparagus (all the way from south America - I'd idlely assumed that as it was still summer - at least, in my mind... the sparrow grass would be British. hahahahahaha - how naive am I? The consequence of buying a bunch grown thousands of miles away from my kitchen is that was not worth eating.
For pud., I had the last slice of a big piece of lardy cake wot I bought from the CoOp in Bradford on Avon (this week-end's Moulton meeting), all washed down with some of a bottle of Pouilly-Fumé... yum-yum !!
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

ps at BoA on Friday night, I had fishNchips from the establishment linked below and was highly impressed - super-crisp batter, generous portions, quick service and decent (for these days) price. Recommended. Also, I watched sundry Moultoneers tuck into nice looking food in the nearby Bear Hotel - truly gy-norm-ous portions !!
https://www.harlees.co.uk
Last edited by simonineaston on 11 Sep 2022, 8:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I give the wife a break from cooking on a Sunday so usually knock up something simple. Tonight was pasta carbonara with broccoli, plus half a bottle of red.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Is that it? No tatties no veg :( I’d be raiding the fridge within a couple of hours.
that’s more of a lunch for me.
Wish now I’d taken a pic of the dinner I made tonight
Fish cake with Chorizo, cold new potatoes sliced and fried, grated carrot, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, mushrooms, kale.
Followed by apple pie and cream washed down with a bottle of Pinot.
All out of the garden except for the fish cakes, cucumber, pastry ingredients and wine.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ossie

Post by ossie »

I'm a late eater. Tonight is salad with home grown toms, sweet pepper, cucumber from the garden, olives. New potatoes par boiled then lightly fried in Paprika and either tuna or some chicken strips quickly cooked in the air fryer...haven't decided yet. Currently sampling a glass of claret.