Evening meal

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
peetee

Re: Evening meal

Post by peetee »

My own made-up creation of salmon and feta cooked in honey and white wine. Served with peppers and mangetout fried in garlic butter on a bed of turmeric rice.
Actually that was a few days ago. We had takeaway curry tonight as I was behind schedule with the decorating. :oops:
A6592E88-DFC8-48D2-B693-EB9EC0D238BF.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Egg and banana curry with brown rice, cabbage and a garlic and coriander nan, followed by satsuma segments in plain soya yoghourt, all washed down with a bottle of Moretti.
"42"
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Last night, vegetable tagine, tonight: chicken & mushroom casserole.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
rjb

Post by rjb »

I was one short of my 5 a day yesterday so had to supplement it with an orange later. Yum yum. :lol:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (11.48 KiB) Viewed 548 times
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
ket

Post by ket »

Stuffed marrow followed by blackberry fool. All veg & fruit for it home grown/foraged bar the mince in the stuffing.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

What did you stuff the marrow with?

Personally, I'd stuff the marrow into the bin.
Mick F. Cornwall
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 7:56pm What did you stuff the marrow with?

al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Tonight, chopped sausages, a tomato and veg sauce and pasta. We compared Toulouse bangers with our British family butchers. Pretty good. Followed by lovely French pastries

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Does anyone really enjoy marrow? Waste of good mince :lol:
I’ve also stopped growing courgettes even the village got sick of them when I left them out front.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Chicken and potato curry and spinach daal, home made. Garlic naan bought.
Maillot Rouge

Post by Maillot Rouge »

Chilli and rice with soft wraps.
I made the chilli myself,Beef,Jalapeños,bell peppers,red beans,garlic,ginger,spices and a tin of tomatoes and a tin of baked beans.
Makes enough for four meals.
ket

Post by ket »

Paulatic wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 8:37pm Does anyone really enjoy marrow? Waste of good mince :lol:
I’ve also stopped growing courgettes even the village got sick of them when I left them out front.
Depends which variety you grow! Romanesco courgette are a favourite round here.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Mick F wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 7:56pm What did you stuff the marrow with?

Fish it out again! I understand that a period of natural rotting, even in the bin, may produce an alcoholic result, which would make a glug of cheap grog albeit one that the glugger might want to imbibe with the throwing-up bucket handy.

Long ago I made parsnip wine. It was disgusting but I felt obliged to sup it as I'd spent so much effort making it. Also, I couldn't afford shop-bought stuff in them days. Elderberry was quite good although it did make an especially difficult-to-clean mess if one glugged too much, encouraging one's poor stomach to operate it's too-much correction mechanism.

Cugel, wary of all grogs these days.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ket wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 10:31am
Paulatic wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 8:37pm Does anyone really enjoy marrow? Waste of good mince :lol:
Thanks I’d not seen that one. Looking in my seed catalogue, DT Brown don’t sell it so that explains it.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ket

Post by ket »

Paulatic wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 12:57pm
ket wrote: 13 Sep 2022, 10:31am
Thanks I’d not seen that one. Looking in my seed catalogue, DT Brown don’t sell it so that explains it.
Got it from King's seed catalogue and grown it first time this year. Would definitely recommend it over other versions.