Having escaped COVID all this time ...

Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Having escaped COVID all this time ...

Post by Mick F »

I've escaped Covid since August 2021. I had more symptoms after I was negative, then when I was positive.

Said it before, I'm still suffering after-effects.
Sense of smell has changed, and taste too. Noting I can put my finger on, but "different".
Mick F. Cornwall
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Day 9 update, most of the aching muscles and flu symptoms have subsided but still feeling quite weak. Will probably potter around the garage today, maybe do a spring clean, in October!

Sense of smell and taste very much diminished, although yesterday I did get this strange sensation of coffee, but not any of the flavour. If I can manage, I am definitely going to try a very gentle tour down to the river and back on the bike tomorrow. Now I'm really getting stir crazy :lol:
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

So is it still worth avoiding? Had a text/letter from the NHS stating that I should book another booster asap, but on spending 30 minutes on the phone and online today, the NHS told me I wasn't eligible to book the booster that the NHS had invited me to book, because I was eligible to have it, but wasn't eligible to book it :lol:

Perhaps it's not worth bothering with?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 10:08am So is it still worth avoiding? Had a text/letter from the NHS stating that I should book another booster asap, but on spending 30 minutes on the phone and online today, the NHS told me I wasn't eligible to book the booster that the NHS had invited me to book, because I was eligible to have it, but wasn't eligible to book it :lol:

Was it because it's not your age groups turn or what ?
I am here. Where are you?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cowsham wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 10:12am
Was it because it's not your age groups turn or what ?
No, it's just because although I'm now eligible to have the booster, the reason why the NHS had written and texted me, I'm not eligible to book an appointment to have the booster, because, you know, that's how it works :lol:
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

Almost certainly an age thing.

I think everyone over 50yo is ‘eligible’, in the sense of being eligible to have an autumn 2022 booster, but that bookings are being opened in tranches down the age groups - I have in inkling that they are open down to 65yo currently, but am not certain.

Checked, and this is what it says today:

People aged 50 to 64 years old who are not in any of these groups will be able to get a seasonal booster (autumn booster) later in autumn 2022.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Nearholmer wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 3:41pm Almost certainly an age thing.
Yes, that's is why I hadn't booked it directly (I'm 50). But it doesn't circumvent the fact that the NHS have directly contacted a vulnerable patient by text, letter and now two emails, asking them to book a booster "asap", but then refuse to allow the patient to book it, when that vulnerable patient has contacted them to book it, as directly requested by the NHS.
Last edited by gbnz on 28 Sep 2022, 8:35pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

gbnz wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 10:08am So is it still worth avoiding? Had a text/letter from the NHS stating that I should book another booster asap, but on spending 30 minutes on the phone and online today, the NHS told me I wasn't eligible to book the booster that the NHS had invited me to book, because I was eligible to have it, but wasn't eligible to book it :lol:

It's definitely worth bothering with. I'm seven days out from my first test negative and I feel absolutely awful. Racing pulse, very, very weak and wobbly legs every day after lunch (never in the morning bizarrely enough). You do not want to get COVID. I'm used to rude good health, and this is about as far away from it as I've been in twenty years

If you can get a booster, do it!
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I got my NHS invite email today, i'll get my 'seasonal booster' on Monday morning, i'm 59, took less than five minutes to book.

However, when i tried last week, before the invite, i got told i was ineligble. I guess if you are a mere 50yo you may have to wait a few weeks - unless you really are vulnerable or live with someone who is.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

and this is about as far away from it as I've been in twenty years
Yuk - I hope you get well soon...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

The booking age threshold seems to have moved down during today so if you tried and failed before, worth trying again.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

foxyrider wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 9:21pm I got my NHS invite email today, i'll get my 'seasonal booster' on Monday morning, i'm 59, took less than five minutes to book.
Jeepers -- when I first looked at that post I thought "59 yes that's proper old " then I remembered :shock: I'm that age!
I am here. Where are you?
mjr

Post by mjr »

It's still rubbish that NHS alerts and NHS bookings don't match up. At least it's not a mismatch between bookings and delivery like last year (yet), which wasted thousands of people's time and money travelling to vaccination centres only to be refused entry to their booked appointments.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Guess I've been lucky. Had fifth on Monday and never had a problem booking or receiving. Mix of mass centres, pharmacists and walk-ins. Obviously some time searching locations and available times.
PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

gbnz wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 4:35pm
Nearholmer wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 3:41pm Almost certainly an age thing.
Yes, that's is why I hadn't booked it directly (I'm 50). But it doesn't circumvent the fact that the NHS have directly contacted a vulnerable patient by text, letter and now two emails, asking them to book a booster "asap", but then refuse to allow the patient to book it, when that vulnerable patient has contacted them to book it, as directly requested by the NHS.
I'm 50+ and in one of the 'vulnerable' groups (I've been eligible for a flu jab since 2016). I ticked the 'not sure' option in response to the clinically vulnerable question on the national booking website and it let me make an appointment.

If you're vulnerability is limited to the fact that you're over 50 then I guess it'll be a few weeks before you can book.

I agree that the discrepancy between texts/emails and the booking website is irritating.