Zwift Hub trainer - anyone looking to get one?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
PedallingSquares

Re: Zwift Hub trainer - anyone looking to get one?

Post by PedallingSquares »

You can order without a cassette.
It will work with any cassette 8-12speed.
https://uk.zwift.com/products/zwift-hub ... A_EALw_wcB
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

PedallingSquares wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 1:16pm You can order without a cassette.
Why would you though?
It’s the same price to take a cassette with it.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

Paulatic wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 1:38pm
PedallingSquares wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 1:16pm You can order without a cassette.
Why would you though?
It’s the same price to take a cassette with it.
I wouldn't but when I ordered mine in December the only option 'sold out' was the no cassette option :?
The only reason I can think of is wanting to use a chain/cassette that have worn together but I'd rather have a 'free' cassette and buy a cheap chain to use with it.
Paradiddle

Post by Paradiddle »

Paulatic wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 7:54pm Three months on what can you tell me about your experience. Do you love it or want to sell it?

I’m asking because I fell ill the start of November, spent 6 weeks in bed or sitting in a chair. I’m becoming more active now but only in short bursts. Can’t see me cycling out in the wild for a few months yet. In desperation I’ve put a bike on my 30 yo analogue turbo but it really is desperate and from experience never sustainable. Looked at buying the Zwift hub today opinions please.
Whoops, sorry I took a bit of a break over Christmas and didn't see this.

Almost 4 months on, it has been a great experience. In the past I've cycled a lot less in winter and when I did it was miserable and I ended up with lots of laundry. This winter I've tried going on a short Zwift workout plan and it feels like I've retained my fitness, if not increased it slightly.

The trainer itself is easy to install and hardly needed any adjustments with the rear mech. The trainer itself is silent but the 11-speed cassette that came with it is a bit noisy in some gears. However my flat neighbours said that they haven't noticed.

I haven't tried other platforms but of course it works seamlessly with Zwift. The ERG mode provides an interesting workout and the automatic resistance adjustments are quite smooth.

I'm planning to pause the Zwift subscription as it gets warmer but may still go on it from time to time. If anyone has a free platform that they can recommend please let me know.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Paradiddle wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 9:06pm
Paulatic wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 7:54pm Three months on what can you tell me about your experience. Do you love it or want to sell it?

I’m asking because I fell ill the start of November, spent 6 weeks in bed or sitting in a chair. I’m becoming more active now but only in short bursts. Can’t see me cycling out in the wild for a few months yet. In desperation I’ve put a bike on my 30 yo analogue turbo but it really is desperate and from experience never sustainable. Looked at buying the Zwift hub today opinions please.
Whoops, sorry I took a bit of a break over Christmas and didn't see this.

Almost 4 months on, it has been a great experience. In the past I've cycled a lot less in winter and when I did it was miserable and I ended up with lots of laundry. This winter I've tried going on a short Zwift workout plan and it feels like I've retained my fitness, if not increased it slightly.

The trainer itself is easy to install and hardly needed any adjustments with the rear mech. The trainer itself is silent but the 11-speed cassette that came with it is a bit noisy in some gears. However my flat neighbours said that they haven't noticed.

I haven't tried other platforms but of course it works seamlessly with Zwift. The ERG mode provides an interesting workout and the automatic resistance adjustments are quite smooth.

I'm planning to pause the Zwift subscription as it gets warmer but may still go on it from time to time. If anyone has a free platform that they can recommend please let me know.
Thanks for your reply.
I dithered for a few days and found a good deal on the Wahoo Snap and decided to take the plunge at half the price of wheel offs.
I’m impressed as to how realistic these smart trainers can be and I’ve been using it for around four hours a week without boredom. It’s certainly helping my recovery. I tried the Wahoo RGT for a couple of rides before trying FulGaz which suits my needs superbly cycling roads I know and roads all over the world. I took their 14 day free trial and then found another 30 free days on a Fb link ending up with 44 free days :D
Currently I think I will be taking out a year’s subscription as I can see myself using it in summer on wet days.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info